Chapter 217

"DAD, are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you, little rascal," Kiho said while fixing Winter's tie. His son sat on the edge of his bed while he was down on one knee. "I'm just a little disappointed that you're keeping a big secret from me."

Since Tilly was coming home tonight, he asked Winter to wear the best suit from the collection of clothes that they bought the other day.

He also told Julian to pick the best suit that he had.

But since Winter was the younger one between the two, he chose to help Winter dress up first. Which he realized that he didn't need to do because his little rascal was already capable of taking care of himself. His son even had a good eye in picking the best tie to match his suit.

He felt sad about it.

I miss the chance of taking care of my son when he was still a baby.

"Dad, I love you," Winter said seriously. "But if you cheated on Mommy in the past, I will choose Mommy over you."

That statement shocked him.

Where did that come from?

When he calmed down, he gently flicked his son's forehead. He knew that it didn't hurt but Winter still gave him a big pout.

"I don't think I'm capable of seeing another woman the way I see your Mommy," he told his son. "If I could, I would let you hear my thoughts for a whole day. Just don't blame if you get a picture of how you were made."

"Dad!" Winter complained, his cheeks red from embarrassment. "I didn't need to hear that."

"Then, never doubt my love and faithfulness to your mom ever again."

His son pouted while scratching his forehead. "I'm sorry."

He just patted his shoulder before he stood up. "Let's go and check on Julian. I hope you get along before your mother arrives."

"Does it mean I'm allowed to enter the main mansion now, Dad?"

Okay, that question hurt him.

He gently carried Winter in his arms to match his eye level. "I apologize if I had to hide you here in the annex, Winter. I swear it won't happen again. From now on, you and your mom will reclaim your rightful place."

Winter smiled, then he wrapped his tiny arms around his neck. "Thank you, Dad."

He hugged his not-so-little rascal tight.

Please stop growing up so fast, our baby Winter.

He was savoring that warm moment with his son when all of a sudden, a knock on the door interrupted them. Since it was Amilo, he let him in right away. After all, he asked the jewel maker to check on Julian.

"Your Grace, we have a problem," Amilo said between heavy breaths. It seemed like he ran all the way there and it made him worry. "Lord Julian isn't in his room. I also noticed that some of his belongings and clothes were gone as well," he informed in a hurried tone. "It looks like Lord Julian has run away from home."