Chapter 213

"WHY are you acting distant with me now, Julian?" Lady Huxley, his mother, asked in a hurt tone. "When you kept quiet about my plan to kick Louisa and David out of the mansion, I thought you were on my side."

Julian's eyes widened and it wasn't because of his mother's accusation.

Winter!

 It didn't seem like his mother sensed his brother's Mana.

But since he was blessed with sharper senses, even among strong Mana users, he felt Winter's Mana. If he sensed it right, then his brother must be outside while listening to his conversation with his mother.

He knows the truth now.

A few moments later, Winter's Mana disappeared.

"Julian?" Lady Huxley said. "Are you listening?"

"Please leave, Lady Huxley," Julian told his mother in an urgent tone. "If you don't, I will tell Father that you're still coming here despite his warning."

That seemed to scare his mother.

Now that he was confident that Lady Huxley would leave the mansion, he bolted out of the room to chase after Winter.

It seemed like his brother knew that he would run after him. After all, he found him waiting for him in his room in the annex building. The angry look on Winter's face confirmed his fear: he really heard his conversation with his mother.

"Winter, I know that you heard my conversation with Lady Huxley," Julian said while catching his breath. Literally running after his brother was exhausting since the mansion was huge. The annex building was really far from the main mansion. He wasn't that familiar in using teleportation spell yet so he had to run. But judging by how fast Winter got back to the annex, it seemed like his brother was already familiar with teleportation. "I will answer your questions truthfully."

"As you should," Winter said with his arms crossed over his chest. "How did Lucina Morganna become your mother while Mommy thinks that you're his son?"

"As far as I know, in the past, Father claimed that I was the Supreme's son to get support from the Red Phoenix and the Fire Mages," he explained. "But the truth was it was Lucina Morganna who gave birth to me."

"So, you're saying that Lucina Morganna came from the same timeline as Soleil Rosenberg and Kalel Nystrom?"

He nodded. "Yes. But it seems like my mother wasn't born with the memories of the past. She just recently reacquired it when we got reunited."

Winter didn't show his reaction with his claim. "Louisa and David were the people that Mommy entrusted the mansion to. Why did you let your "mother" kick them out?"

"I don't have a choice, Winter," he said in frustration. "I can't tell Father what I know because I don't want them to know that he isn't completely controlled by the emperor."

"And so, you let innocent people suffer by keeping your silence."

He didn't have a retort for that because his brother was right.

I should have done something to help them.

"I have one last question for you," Winter said in a distant tone. "Between Mommy and Lucina Morganna, whom do you believe more?"

"Winter, it's not like I don't trust the Supreme," he argued. "But I lived in the past and you didn't. The Supreme isn't my mother."

If he was really the Supreme's son, they why did the Red Phoenix and the rest of the Fire Mage clan treated him like he wasn't even human? During those times, only Lucina Morganna genuinely loved him.