Chapter 222

KIHO blinked several times while looking at the face that resembled his a bit.

Only the man in front of him had long silver hair tied in a low ponytail, a pair of glowing red eyes, and skin as pale as the moon.

He looks like a Moonchester.

Aside from that, he also noticed that they were in a cold cave that was a little too dark for his liking.

But this place feels very familiar to me.

"Once again, we owe our lives to her," said the strange man. "You probably don't remember me so let me introduce myself again." He extended his hand to him. "I'm Kalel Nystrom."

Nystrom?

Hearing that familiar name gave a sharp pang in his head.

And then, he remembered the things that Tilly told her before he lost consciousness. His wife said he was born a god called Nystrom then he was reborn as Kalel Moonchester and they got married later their first child was killed the second was stolen and lastly

I killed Tilly in our previous life

Goddammit.

"Do you finally remember who I am?" Kalel Nystrom asked, taking back his hand. "It's about time."

"Tilly told me in a rush the important things that happened between us in all our previous lifetimes," he said in a confused tone. "I still don't understand everything but I believe her."

"I like the faith that you and your wife have in each other," the other man said approvingly. "It was too late for my wife and I when we realized how important communication is between couples. But looking at you and your wife now, I'm relieved."

"Why did you kill her?"

To be honest, it felt awkward to face his previous self like this.

But he'd like to think that he was a different person from Kalel Nystrom. It wasn't that he didn't want to be associated with him because of the things that Kalel Nystrom did in the past. He just simply wanted to stay who he was without being affected of his past.

But I guess that's wishful thinking.

"You'll get the answer once you remember everything," Kalel Nystrom said. "You better remember the past after your wife took a huge risk to send me here, Kiho Nystrom."

His brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"When your wife attacked the Moon God with her dagger and crab mallet, she had no intention of killing him," the strange guy explained. "A while ago, she melted the marble containing your memories and turned it into a lava-like liquid that she hid in her cute iron crab mallet. When she stabbed your body with the dagger, she hit the handle with her crab mallet. At the same time, she poured the lava-like liquid containing your memories into the blade of her dagger. And thus, I was able to enter your consciousness without the Moon God noticing."

"I don't understand a thing but that sounds like something that Tilly would come up with," he said proudly. "My wife is amazing."

Yes, he was genuinely proud and amazed of her wife.

But at that moment, he suddenly felt insignificant compared to hers.

"How long are you going to rely on your wife?"

That question made him flinch. He was just thinking about how useless he was so hearing another person agree with his thoughts hurt.

"In the past, I left my wife's side because I thought I was protecting her that way," Kalel Nystrom said in a solemn voice. "When I returned to her, she was already gone."