ROGUES.

There were three grey raggedy wolves looking in my direction, all of them with glowing red eyes as a mixture of saliva and blood dripped from their mouths. They locked eyes with me, slowly stepping in my direction. I knew this was going to get messy, but this time I was ready. I had to let my wolf take complete control if I were to survive.

I shifted in a matter of a few seconds. My eyes widened as I crouched forward, canines and claws ready to pounce on my first victim. I've never felt so ready in my life and there was no turning back.

I needed to redeem myself from a lifetime of running in the shadows. I had to allow the anger pulse through my body as flash backs ran through my head. The thoughts of Holden and his manipulations, the fire, my ignorance, all leading up to this moment.

The rage felt euphoric, and I wanted more.

I made the first move and quickly took down the smallest rogue by sinking my jaw into its bare neck. He howled from the pain as blood washed inside my mouth. I knew I hit an artery and the wound would most likely be fatal.

I was feeling an anger deep down inside me that felt familiar, like the night when Damian took me. The blood of the warrior I attacked gave me strength of multiple wolves.

The other two rogues quickly jumped on top of us, the biggest one gripping its mouth around my neck and the smaller grey wolf clenching onto my rear leg.

Both of them were wanting me to release their friend that was still locked onto my jaw, but they were sadly mistaken. He tasted too good to release. The pain from their bites were all absorbed by the pure adrenaline pumping through my body.

Suddenly, the biggest wolf that had its jaws clenched around my neck was tackled to the ground by an unknown assailant, abruptly releasing its grip, giving me the chance to break free of the smaller one biting my leg.

In the moment of confusion, I quickly grabbed the small rogue's neck, holding on until there was no more oxygen left in its lungs. After the intense struggle to get himself free from my death grip, he went limp.

My adrenaline was pumping so much that I forgot about the unknown rescuer who took down the biggest rogue. I saw a familiar dark brown wolf with a scar on its face, lying in the dirt, bloodied and limp. His neck was in pieces. I had a gut feeling that it was Eric and he didn't look good at all.

The large beast that took Eric down was on the floor with the other dead rogues. The once grey fur was now soaked with red as blood continued oozing out of its wounds. They were all dead, but now was not the time to celebrate.

I quickly rushed over to Eric that was several feet away. I assessed his wounds and my heart dropped. I came to the conclusion that he wasn't healing fast enough to survive the blood loss. Wolves healed, but we weren't miracle workers.

I had to heal him. It was the right thing to do.

I shifted quickly back into my human form. Blood covered most of my naked body but I could care less. Maybe what I was about to do would kill me, but I couldn't let Eric die.

I held his head in my arms as he flickered his blue eyes open. I couldn't mind link him, but he knew he was about to die.

"Hang in there Eric, now is not your time." I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I softly whispered to him. His pulse was barely there, so I knew I had to act fast.

I placed my hands on his stomach to ensure my energy was focused on the central core of his body. I was unsure if this would work as I only did it a couple times in my life, and on top of that, his wounds were the worst I've ever seen.

I also noticed a few Fenrir warriors circling around us, but I couldn't let the attention distract me, I had to focus all of my energy to heal Eric.

I closed my eyes and began.

Seconds passed, then minutes. I kept my focus on his injuries, trying my best to absorb them. It was like a tornado of energy swirling from my hands to his body, draining me out like a dam bursting from the pressure. Eric's pulse was still weak, and I began to worry it wasn't working.

I opened my eyes to see the progress I was making. Most of the wounds were closing up, but his neck was still in pieces.

"Eric stay with me!" I yelled at his lifeless body. My face was full of panic, but I quickly refocused my attention on his remaining wounds.

I gripped harder on his stomach, hoping that the pressure of my hands would strengthen the process, and slowly, his pulse got stronger.

"Come on Eric..." I sighed in relief as the parts of skin were finally closing together, but I wasn't sure if Eric was alive.

Maybe absorbing his wounds would kill me, but in the moment I could care less. He would put his life at risk to save the innocent and me, an enemy up until a few days go. I couldn't let him die, not like this.

Just as I released Eric, I looked around to see more Fenrir warriors, some in wolf form and some in human, all circling around us. Their faces in shock and disbelief, watching like a miracle just happened. They had no idea who I was and I wasn't part of this pack, and now, I held their dead Beta in my hands.

I had to leave before things escalated, my secret was out and I wasn't sure how they would react to an enemy in their territory.

I started walking like a drunkard towards the forests as the crowd of wolves moved to the side allowing me to pass through. All of them just staring at me, struggling to walk, unsure of what to do.

My vision was severely blurred, I couldn't see faces or my surroundings, but I kept my pace towards the forest.

I was about to reach the entrance when I turned back one more time, and through the crowd of wolves stood a large black shadow, kneeling where I left Eric.

"Goodbye Eric." I whispered.

Suddenly the figure quickly snapped its head up, looking in my direction. I was begging my body to move faster, but I was going at a turtles pace.

I turned my head forward, focusing my gaze on the forests. I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating but I wasn't going to take the chance.

I couldn't take the physical pain anymore, my neck stung and the gashes that I once absorbed from Eric pulsed through my body. It was invisible pain, but it was excruciating. I fell to my knees knowing I couldn't get any further. My body was giving up and my legs were like jelly that refused to continue.

Loud footsteps were approaching. I knew this was my time to let go. I closed my eyes, knowing that it was the last time they would be open.

"Diana!" Something suddenly latched onto my body.

It felt warm, like a quilted blanket wrapping around my body, and the comforting aromas of pine needles and balsam filled the air, making my mind a little more relaxed.

"Damian?" I tried to lift my hand up to touch his face, but I was too weak.

"It's ok Diana, I'm here." His smell, his warmth, the unusual electrical sparks from the contact of his arms to my body; it all made sense now.

It could only be him.

He lifted me up with ease and carried me bridal style. I felt so safe in his arms. Maybe I was drunken of exhaustion, but all of this felt so natural. I was like a magnet being pulled into him.

I wanted to see him clearly, but my vision was only getting worse. The more he spoke, the more difficult it became to understand him. I was still drifting away into unconsciousness, but at least I was being held in the arms of my true destined mate.

As my eyes started to close I felt his pace pick up like he was running.

He probably sensed that I may not make it out alive.