Chapter 3. Let's Go Home

It took me a while to get used to traveling by plane. When I was still a kid, flights were expensive and since I had this horrible motion sickness that would squash my insides , the safest and cheapest way to reach from point A to point B would be family road trips. But the long agonizing hours of driving was another nightmare since I had to throw up my intestines all the way. That's why I rarely traveled by flights. But that was before going abroad to study, after that, even though my unbearable motion sickness didn't fade away I learned some tricks not to be vomiting from takeoff to landing. One of them was to put myself to sleep as much as possible. That has been the plan so far, I got comfortable in my seat, let the anti-nausea meds to sink in and do the work that I heard chatter from seat next to me. A Korean couple talking in low tone that must have been a normal thing since I was on an international flight to Korea. But it wasn't since I clearly could understand them talking about the temperature difference and whether they prepared enough warm clothes after they get off the plane in Seoul. I looked in their direction and something hit me, I clearly could understand them and the weird part was staring at their lips moving I was sure they were taking in Korean. Sitting upright in my seat I tried to hear more and I realized I didn't notice this earlier since it seemed such a natural thing to hear and understand Korean as it was my native language, that's been why I didn't pick up the clue first time I heard someone speaking the language. Since it was a second nature to me but it wasn't. I know Korean and it didn't freak me out. In fact, I thought about it, when Gerard mentioned it again in my goodbye party I gave it a serious thought and it made sense with all things happening lately. Was Mr. Park talking in Korean that day next to that street stall? Is that why when I answered him he looked surprised? Now that I think of it, it seems the only reason why he was so sure I could speak his language. But now reviewing everything that has happened in the last few month this doesn't shock me anymore. The fact that I speak a language I never learned goes along with other unexplained things like the visions and that red light outside my house to urge me get out of my hometown. And now I know seeing those visions, are not pointless, and me going to Seoul where I believe the person in my dreams have lived there, shows that It's been all planed beforehand and my mission whatever it is, I have to be where I'm supposed to be. I have to fulfill that mission and destiny is taking me there. Call me superstitious but I have no doubt now that I'm where I am, for a reason and I have come to peace with it. First thing to do is find Choi Nam Il once I get to my new home. But now I know that I have a damn purpose in this life. Just little by little pieces of the puzzle are falling into their places and I'll make sure to solve this puzzle before time is up.

**

 Director Kim moves his hands enthusiastically pounding around the stage 

"I know you're a good dancer but as you see this musical, addresses some heavy issues and shouldn't be taken lightly so the songs are aligned with the theme and also your movements should match the melancholic vibe. So instead of dancing, you have to glide not to just simply walk, your movements should be smooth, sad, and floating. I expect some delicate motions in your body specially in your hands. You have to look hurt, vengeful, and strong at the same time. Can you pull it off?" 

I ponder a bit before answering 

"I'll do my best."

 He smiles effortlessly 

"Go on then. Stand in the center." 

He instructs then shouts at someone in the backstage 

"Light! Keep it on him in thecenter." 

Then turns to me 

"Start!" 

I stand in the center barefoot, the tension creeps up my spine to my knotted shoulders, and I try hard to rein in my nerves that are acting up, sending a warm wave of heat through my veins. I can do this. I have been up on stages signing since I was 16. I'm used to it even the fear is still present I can handle it. I look around to find Dae Sung staring at me intently and I gather all my courage not to let him down. The light is on and I'm in the spotlight, stretching my hands to my sides I look up and start singing while slowly moving in circles and maneuvering around the small space in the light, my voice floating and echoing in the silence.