"Don't worry, Douma-kun. I get a lot of these fever so I'm used to it. I'll be better soon and we can play again." you said as you held his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. "You don't have to take care of me if you don't want to." you added as Douma shook his head.

"I'm going to take care of you and stay by your side from now on, until the very end. You're special to me, (Y/N)-chan." Douma exclaimed with a gentle smile as he intertwined his small hand with yours.

Your face turned redder from Douma's statement as you returned his smile. "Then, I'll take care of you as well. I'll stand by your side until the end." you replied.

-------------

"(Y/N)-san." you heard someone call out as they gently shook you. You opened your eyes as you looked at the blurry figure in front of you. You blinked a few times until your vision clears and you saw Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro-kun?" you asked, voice full of drowsiness as you rubbed your eyes. "Hai. Zenitsu and Inosuke are here as well. I heard from Rengoku-san that you're having a fever. Why did you continue to go here when you're not feeling well?" Tanjiro asked, worried.

"Don't blame me. Blame my crow. I didn't even know that I'm going to be having a fever." you complained as you looked around to see Zenitsu and Inosuke were on the next seat beside yours.

"Anyways, what are you guys doing here?" you asked. "This creature is amazing!" Inosuke exclaimed as he banged on the window. "Stop, you're going to break the glass!" Zenitsu yelled as he pulled Inosuke away. "We received a mission from the crow. We were told that the casualties of the Infinite Train continue to increase. We were ordered to meet up with you two as soon as possible." Tanjiro informed. "So that's what happened! Got it!" Rengoku replied.

"Be my disciple! I will take good care of you!" Rengoku exclaimed with his wide smile. "Please wait! Where are you looking at? Who are you talking to?" Tanjiro asked.

----------------

"This is great! It's so fast!" Inosuke yelled as he looked outside of the window. "That's dangerous, you fool!" Zenitsu exclaimed as he tried to pull Inosuke back in his seat.

"I want to go outside and run beside it! Let's see who runs faster!" Inosuke announced as his upper body is now out of the window. "There has to be a limit to your stupidity!" Zenitsu replied.

"We are in a dangerous situation. We don't know when the demons will appear." Rengoku said as Zenitsu looked at him in disbelief.
"Is it true? Are demons really appearing on this train?" Zenitsu asked. "They have." Rengoku answered. "They really have? I don't want to be on a train with demons! There are demons on this train! Ahhh! I want to get off! (Y/N)-chan, protect me!!!" Zenitsu cried out as he clung onto your arm and shaked you.

"Zenitsu, calm down! Stop shaking me, you're making me dizzy!" you said as Zenitsu stopped shaking you.

"Please present your ticket." A man announced.

"Hm? What is he doing?" you asked as you watched the man walk around to the other passengers.

"The Conductor wants to confirm your ticket is genuine. He will make a mark on your ticket." Rengoku explained as you all gave your tickets and the Conductor marked them. Suddenly, the lights in the train began flickering. Rengoku stood up as you followed him. "(Y/N)-san, you should rest." Tanjiro said as you shook your head. "I'm all right. I told you I just need some rest." you replied as you gave Tanjiro a smile.

'(Y/N)-san..... why do you have to be stubborn. You're still sick and you're going to make it worse.' Tanjiro thought as he noticed you walking more slowly than usual. You calmed down your breathing and managed to ignore the headache you're having. 'I have to protect the people here. I'm a Demon Slayer, a Pillar to be exact, I can't let a fever bring me down.' you thought as you followed Rengoku.

"Conductor. It's dangerous here, please evacuate the area. The situation is very urgent, please do not mind that I brought a sword." Rengoku exclaimed with a smile still on his face.

Two demons suddenly appeared in front and behind your group. The other passengers in the carriage began to scream in fear. "(Y/N)! I'll  take this one! You handle the one in the back!" Rengoku said as the two of you readied your blades and took a stance. Cold air was seen coming out of your mouth as you looked at the demon at the back.

"Flame Breathing. First form: Unknowing Fire."

"Ice Breathing. First form: Ice Slash."

The two of you exclaimed as you both dashed towards the demons with incredible speed and sliced off their necks.

You felt another presence at the next cart. "There's another demon here." you exclaimed. "Good job, (Y/N)! Let's go!" Rengoku replied as you took off to the next carriage, Tanjiro and the others following close behind.

--------------

You watched as the other passengers run towards another carriage in fear from seeing the demon. You saw a male passenger being cornered by the demon. "I won't allow you to harm that human." Rengoku stated as the demon turned its head to look at the two of you. Tanjiro and Inosuke went in front, with their blades ready.

"Didn't you hear what I just said. Your opponent is right here." Rengoku said. "What is that? His hands are long! His hands are really long!" Zenitsu cried out. "I'm going first!" Inosuke exclaimed as he dashed towards the demon. "Wait a minute! There are still people who haven't escaped!" Tanjiro yelled out.

"Just gotta kill the demon and everything's okay!" Inosuke said as he prepared to attack the demon's sides. The demon's weapons came out from its sides as it attacked Inosuke, making him block it in time. Rengoku took Inosuke out of the way and placed him on one of the seats. You went near the demon and ducked down as you grabbed the male passenger and took him to where Tanjiro and the rest are.

"The carriage behind us is safe. Please, hurry." you said as the male passenger nodded and ran. "Now there are no problems. Let's end this quickly." Rengoku said as he dashed towards the demon. Your group watched in awe as you all saw Rengoku slice of the demon's neck.

"Amazing! (Y/N)-san, you're more faster and stronger than the last time I saw you fight!" Tanjiro praised. 'I have to thank Michi-nii for all those tough training.' you thought as you recalled the strict training of your older brother.

"Rengoku-san is so strong! Please accept me as a disciple!" Tanjiro exclaimed to Rengoku. "Of course, no problem! I'll train you to become a great swordsman! I'll take care all three of you!" Rengoku replied. You watched as Rengoku laughed while the trio cheered around him.

You turned and looked at the demon Rengoku defeated as it turned to ashes.  You felt someone patting your head as you turn to see Rengoku's smiling face. "I'll take care of you as well, (Y/N)!" Rengoku exclaimed as he ruffled your hair.

You began to feel sleepy as you felt your head lean against the window. Black spots filled your vision as you then passed out.

------------

You found yourself in the middle of a snowy forest as you began to walk. 'Where am I?' you thought as you looked around.

You felt a presence near you. You then took out your blade only to notice an axe was in your grasp instead. 'Huh? An axe?' you thought as you inspected the object.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" a voice asked behind you. You turned around and took a stance only to have your eyes widened in shock as you looked at the figure in front of you.

"Mother...."