Chapter 15

"Hey, Nezuko, that's bad manners!" Tanjiro said as Nezuko laid down on the ground. "Eh?Douma-kun?" you exclaimed as Douma laid his head comfortably on your lap as he looked at you and smiled.

"That's quite all right. Please make yourselves at home." Tamayo exclaimed with a gentle smile. "Now then, allow me to continue. I adjusted our bodies so that we can live without devouring humans. A small amount of human blood is all we need." Tamayo informed. "Blood? You mean...." Tanjiro trailed off. "You may find it distasteful, but what I do is buy blood under the guise of transfusions from those unable to make ends meet. Of course, no more than would impair them. Yushiro can get by with even less blood. I'm the one who turned him into a demon." Tamayo added making you and Tanjiro shocked.

"You did that? But...." you muttered as you looked at her in disbelief. "You're right. It's generally held that no one but Kibutsuji can reproduce demons. That's more or less accurate. After more than 200 years, I was only able to transform Yushiro into a demon after all." Tamayo said. You brushed your fingers through Douma's hair as you continued to listen. Douma grabbed your other hand and placed it on his cheek. "Two hundred years.... you were only able to transform Yushiro after more than 200 years? Exactly how old are you, Miss Tamayo?" Tanjiro exclaimed as you gave him a look. 'You can't go around asking people their age, Tanjiro-kun!' you thought.

Yushiro repeatedly punched Tanjiro on the chest. "Don't ask a lady her age, you ill-mannered scoundrel!" Yushiro yelled. "Stop it! The next time you hit that boy, I'll make you regret it." Tamayo warned. Yushiro quickly sat down. "Yes, ma'am!" He yelled. You were about to comfort Tanjiro but Douma held your hands in place, not wanting you to stop. You sighed and heeded his requests.

"There's one thing I'd like to clear up with you two. I'm not trying to create more demons. I only perform the procedure on the terminally ill or those so gravely injured that they don't have long to live. And in those cases, I always ask them beforehand if they wish to live on even as demons." Tamayo exclaimed. "I trust you." you bluntly said making everyone's eyes fall on you. "You weren't trying to hurt any humans. Plus, you were even willing to save them whatever the cost is. I can tell you are a great doctor." you exclaimed with a warm smile. Tamayo's eyes widened at your statement as she recalled a memory that happened a long time ago.

"Eh? You want me to teach you to become a doctor?" A girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes asked as she sipped her tea. "Yes. I know it is a sudden request but I want to be able to help others who are in need." Tamayo exclaimed as she looked at the girl with determination on her face.

"If you want to, then that is fine with me. I can tell you'll be a great doctor someday." The girl said as she gave Tamayo a warm smile.

"Thank you very much, (Y/N)-sama!" Tamayo exclaimed.

"Ehhhh?? I told you to just call me (Y/N), you don't have to be so formal with me Tamayo-sama." the girl said waving her hands around.

"Alright, (Y/N)-san. But you have to call me Tamayo as well."

"Say no more."

"Ah! I'm so sorry if I have offended you!" you quickly apologized when you saw tears forming on Tamayo's eyes. You can feel Yushiro glaring at you while Douma glared back at him. "No, it's fine. Thank you, (Y/N)-sama." Tamayo blurted out. "Eh? You don't have to be so formal with me Tamayo-san. Just (Y/N) is fine." you exclaimed. Tamayo realized her mistake as she blushed a bit but smiled at you. "Alright, (Y/N)-san.". Tamayo said.

"Miss Tamayo," Tanjiro started. "Is there a way to return a transformed demon back to human form?" Tanjiro asked. You felt arms wrapped around you as you saw Douma nuzzling into you, his back was turned towards the others as he faced your body. You smiled and patted his hair.

"There is a way to turn a demon.....back into a human." Tamayo exclaimed making you shocked. "Please tell us how!" you and Tanjiro asked but Tanjiro went forward while you stayed in your position. "Don't you dare get so close to Lady Tamayo!" Yushiro yelled as he flipped Tanjiro over. You felt Douma snickered as you looked at Tanjiro in worry.

"Yushiro..." Tamayo began, you can see a mad aura she's giving off. "Yes, ma'am! I only threw him. Lady Tamayo, I did not hit him." Yushiro said with sparkles floating around him. "You mustn't do either." Tamayo said. "Yes ma'am!" Yushiro replied. "Ouch, ouch, ouch." Tanjiro muttered out.
"Please tell us how, Tamayo-san." you requested. "For any kind of wound, there's always some kind of medicine or treatment. At this time, I'm unable to turn a demon back into a human, but surely, that, too....." Tamayo trailed off as you held Douma closer to you.

"However, we are dedicated to establishing such a method of treatment. Towards the end, I'd like to ask the two of you to do something for me. To produce such an elixir, it is necessary to study the blood of numerous demons. I have two favors to ask you two. One, permission to study your sister's blood. Two, to retrieve blood samples from demons as closely related to Kibutsuji as possible. Nezuko and Douma's current conditions are rare and unique. I understand that Nezuko was asleep for two years straight, and I believe that her body underwent changes during that time. Douma's somehow the same but he only sleeps for a short period of time." Tamayo explained as you felt Douma shuffling as he listened on the conversation.

"Normally, any demon who went that long without consuming the flesh or blood of a human or beast would unquestionably go berserk. And yet, surprisingly, they show none of those signs. This miracle will be the key to finding a solution." Tamayo said as Nezuko held Tanjiro's hand closer to her face. "The other request I have for you both is a harsh one. By 'demons closely related to Kibutsuji', I meant demons whose powers are more on par with that of Kibutsuji himself. It won't be easy to extract blood from such demons. Are you two still willing to go along with my requests?" Tamayo asked. "If there's no other way, then we'll do it." Tanjiro exclaimed. "If it means you're going to research all these demons' blood and create this medicine. If that happens, that means it won't just be Nezuko-chan and Douma-kun. Lots of other people will be saved too, right?" you asked making Tamayo nod at your statement in agreement.

"(Y/N)-san, since Douma is a part of those demons who is closely related to Kibutsuji. I would like to ask for your permission to study his blood. Though it might not be enough, but we can get started on our research." Tamayo exclaimed. Douma then got up and went into a sitting position beside you. "Ara ara~ if I can be of help to (Y/N)-chan then I'll do it~" Douma said as he hugged you from the sides making Tamayo smile.

"My, you two look so close, are you two dating?" Tamayo whispered to you making you blush. "Tamayo-san!!!" you yelled in embarrassment.

"Get down!" Yushiro yelled as he protected Tamayo. You didn't have the time to react when Douma pulled you close to him while Tanjiro went to cover Nezuko. You saw two temari balls bounce around the room, creating holes and destroying the furnitures.

The temari balls then went back to their owner who was laughing with evil intent. "Did you decide how to kill them?" One of the demons asked.

"Vindictively, of course!" The other replied as she threw her temari balls at your direction.