Chapter 24

It was now night fall as you continue to follow your crow to your mission.

"Is this it?" you asked your crow when it stopped at the entrance of a mountain. Your crow nodded and flew away. You let out a deep breath and kept on walking.

'I don't see anything. It feels like there's no demon at all. Don't tell me that crow just wanted me to get lost in the middle of a mountain!' you thought when you saw someone on the ground. You immediately went towards the body and inspected it.

It was a young lady who was asleep. She has long black hair and she wore a green kimono. "Miss, are you okay?" you said as you gently shook the lady. The young lady opened her eyes and you saw her emerald green orbs. 'That's strange. She looks a lot like Inosuke-kun but with a softer feature.' you thought.

"Um, are you okay?" you asked again as the young lady looked around her surroundings then her gaze landed on you. "Pretty...." she blurted out then realized her mistake. Your cheeks turned red at what she has said causing her to move away from you. "I-I'm sorry! I just think your face is really pretty. I'm sorry!" The young lady exclaimed as she bowed towards you.

"N-no, it's fine! My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and you are?" you said as you waved your arms around. "My name is Kotoha Hashibira. It's nice to meet you (Y/N)-san." the young lady greeted.

"Hashibira..... are you a relative of Inosuke Hashibira?" you asked then you noticed Kotoha's eyes widened. "Yes! I'm Inosuke's mother! How do you know him? Is he okay?" Kotoha exclaimed with stars in her eyes. "Well, we met at a mission a few days ago. He is resting with my other friends at the Wisteria House." you informed.

'I can't tell her that I broke his ribs and Tanjiro headbutted him or she may get mad.' you nervously thought. "Ahh, I'm glad he is okay. He wanted to be a Demon Slayer to become more stronger, you see. I hope he is getting along with you." Kotoha said with a gentle smile on her face.

"Anyways, Kotoha-san, why are you in this mountain in the night? It's dangerous to go outside alone at night. There could be demons lurking around." you said. "Oh my! But I live here along with the kind old man that took us in." Kotoha exclaimed.

You noticed something heading towards you and Kotoha in the corner of your eye. "Get down!" you yelled as Kotoha crouched down while you quickly jumped back and avoided the demon's attack. "Woah! You're fast! You must be a high rank demon slayer." The demon exclaimed as your eyes widened when you saw his eyes.

'Lower Moon 3. Maybe I can get some information on him.' you thought. "Oi, oi, are you a hashira?" the demon asked. "No. I'm a Mizunoto ranked Demon Slayer, (Y/N) (L/N)." you answered.  "Kotoha-san, please stay behind me." you whispered as Kotoha nodded in reply.

"A lower rank? Damn. I was hoping to fight a hashira, I would of get my ranked up if I defeated one." the demon said. "Demon-san, tell me what you know about Muzan Kibutsuji." you stated, making the demon flinch. "Don't say his name like that!" The demon yelled.

"Why? Would he pop up if I say his name three times?" you replied. "Tch. Damn you!" the demon exclaimed as he dashed towards you. "Move away a bit, Kotoha-san." you whispered as Kotoha did so.

'Ice Breathing. Ninth Form: Cold Mist.' you thought as mist came out from your blade as it began to surround the area. "Huh? Where'd she go?!" the demon yelled. "Right here." you said as you appeared behind the demon and swung towards his neck. "$hı+ !" the demon cursed as he moved away at the last second. "That was close!" The demon exclaimed as you saw his head hanging off his neck but it began to regenerate, slowly. You saw a trail of ice to where you attacked the demon.