Chapter 35

You were visiting Tanjiro and the others in their room. Zenitsu kept screaming, making Aoi and the three butterfly girls try to shush him.

"Noooooo!" Zenitsu screamed. "I can't possibly take any more!" He added. "We go through this every single day! You're the most severely injured, Zenitsu! Take your medicine this second! Seriously!" Aoi exclaimed as she gave Tanjiro his medicine. Zenitsu looked at the cup of medicine in his hands as tears continued to fall on his face.

"Come on, Zenitsu-kun. It's just medicine after all. You'll be able to recover faster if you drink it. See? Tanjiro drank his medicine without complaining. " You reassured as you both watched Tanjiro finish his medicine. "It doesn't even taste good! And how come he drinks it in one go?! I call favoritism! I call favoritism!" Zenitsu shouted, making you sweat drop.

"Zenitsu! This is a hospital ward! Pipe down!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "You seem to be doing well!" A voice spoke out as you all turned to see Murata at the door. "Murata-san!" both you and Tanjiro greeted. "Are you all right?" you asked as Murata took a seat next to Tanjiro's bed, you were seated next to Inosuke's bed.

"Well, I came this close to getting melted away, but I made it somehow. But I hear you guys got really banged up. Oh! Congratulations on being a Pillar (L/N)-sama!" Murata exclaimed. "Eh? Just (Y/N) is fine! And how did you know?" you asked. "Word spreads fast around here." Murata replied.

"(Y/N)-chan, Tanjiro. Who is this person." Zenitsu asked. "He's Murata. He fought with us on Mt. Natagumo." Tanjiro informed. "I'm Murata! Nice to meet you!" Murata introduced himself. "Ah! Your arms...." Murata exclaimed.

"I almost got turned into a spider, and my arms and legs are still short...." Zenitsu explained. "And that's why you need this medicine!" Aoi said making Zenitsu jump in surprise. "But it tastes so gross! There's only so much gross a person can take!" Zenitsu whined. "Don't come crying to me if your arms don't go back to normal!" Aoi replied.

"So cold! That's such a cold thing to say! I can't do it! Gross is gross! No two ways about it!" Zenitsu exclaimed as he jumped across Inosuke's bed and hid behind Tanjiro. You and your companions felt a depressing aura as you looked towards Murata who has his head hung low. "Looks like fun. Lucky you." he muttered.

"Eh? Murata-san?" you asked with concern. "I was summoned to the Hashira Meeting to give my report on the Mt. Natagumo incident. And it was like hell! Those Hashiras are way too terrifying! Except you, (Y/N)-sama, you're really kind and gentle even if you're a newly pointed Hashira. They're all pissed about how the quality of the newer Slayers has gone downhill... Because there were some of us who didn't follow orders on Mt. Natagumo. And they were like, 'Who trained them?'. What good would it do to ask someone of my rank anyway?" Murata muttered as you, Tanjiro and Zenitsu looked at his depressed state.

Your eyes widened when you saw Shinobu standing behind him. You were about to say something but Shinobu made a shushing motion towards you. "Hashiras terrify me!" Murata said. "Hello!" Shinobu exclaimed making Murata jump in fright.

"Hashira! Lady Kocho!" Murata said as he stood up from his seat. "Hello!" Shinobu repeated. "Oh hello! Goodbye!" Murata replied as he bowed and quickly left the room. "Oh! Goodbye!" Shinobu said as the door closed shut. Shinobu turned towards your group. "How is your recovery coming along?" Shinobu asked Tanjiro.

"I think we're a lot better now." Tanjiro replied. You saw Zenitsu had a blush on his face as he looked at Shinobu. "Then, let's have you start your Rehabilitation Training, shall we?" Shinobu said. "Rehabilitation Training?" Tanjiro asked. "Yes! (Y/N)-san is joining you as well." Shinobu replied as you nodded at her statement.