"Red-Six. Virus spotted. Over" he said as he got covered by more people and shadowed himself in the work while keeping a close ear on the orders.

"Roger. Red-Glacier Spec Ops. Unit Six spotted Project Zeus by Street [Redacted] and [Redacted]. Progress to step 2 and close in. Follow with caution and avoid detection. Overseer of mission: Dr. Sabrina Galloway. Orders are to recover the corpses. Over and out."

Many voices answered with a 'roger' as behind the man selling hotdogs two invisible but fragmenting objects moved to reveal for a brief millisecond that they were camouflaged soldiers, distorting sunlight and vanished to follow after the prototype.

This was not the only bad news, as more figures began to move on the same direction of the other two, casual bumping into the people that fell or felt hit by something they could not see. They were left in confusion as the overlapping sunlight revealed that close to a hundred figures headed to that direction.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

Up to their apartment, Alex now stood at the door and he sighed to take in the smell. Yep... Lucy did learn a few things while being in human contact. She was a fast learner.

She had learned how to work manual labors (Flower shop, store), how to cook (Restaurants), and how to balance even money (Accountant) with his help as he forged fake papers that proved she had that experience. Of course the hard part was teaching those skills to Lucy but her amazing skill to take in and perform those tasks made it a lot easier than Alex ever believed was possible.

He knocked on the door and shouted the phrase password today

"Honey, mail is here!" He yelled

"Any coupons-?" Lucy loudly called as she opened the door to receive Alex who entered and saw Lucy with her hair in a ponytail wearing a cooking apron. She had jean shorts and a red shirt under the apron as she was cooking like never before. Alex made a weird grin as Lucy looked like a young and stylish new housewife. He entered and closed the door to detransform as Lucy leaned to him for a quick peck kiss that he savored as long as it lasted.

"How was work Alex?" She asked as he had returned to normal without his hood. It was strange yet a change he can get accustomed to easily.

"Short waging. But alright. Saw nor heard nothing. How about you, Lucy?" He asked as she smiled in a wholesome way.

"Well now working as a librarian and helping children to read has become... Nice." She said while remembering how being a helping hand there was not only something she never planned to do but also the last thing she ever thought that would be pleasing for her in any manner. Being around kids and their naive innocent souls in a way purified her. She could correct and story tell them all day... It didn't feel like a job at all. Alex sat on the circular wooden table in the kitchen as she went to check the oven she had running. She made something.

She especially loved the kindergarten kids. At first she hated it as they sense something off with her that caused them to become shy and quiet or they would cry, so she awkwardly backed away from them and observed their mannerisms. It was nice to see how kids interacted with each other and Lucy learned of a world she never got the chance to be a part of but the more they came, the more was she motivated to get along with them.

"How are the little ones you constantly avoid? Any shocking or new twist aside from them probably knowing you might have hacked humans a bit too much-?"

Alex got hit with a cookie dead center on the head as a tendril arose from his forehead and caught it to then throw it to his mouth. With formed taste buds, he hummed in delish "Uummm! I see someone wants to share a happy thought!" He exclaimed and Lucy took a seat on the circular table where they ate and talked regularly.