zone 30: sacrifices

Start from the beginning

"If I have a special power and don't know about it, then I am hindering myself from my full potential," Felix explains.

"You don't even know if you do have one," I tell him as he straps his backpack over his shoulders. "Wonpil doesn't even have one."

"It's because Wonpil is Jinyoung's right hand man and doesn't have the time to explore it," Felix says. "What's so wrong about trying to find out what mine is?"

"There is a reason why Jinyoung, Wonpil, and Hyunjin didn't tell you about the special powers thing in halfies," I try to reason with Felix but he is too stubborn.

"Which was because they thought I couldn't handle it?" Felix asks, a little annoyed.

I realize this seems like it is more than just trying to figure out his special power. Felix looks away from me and opens his room door, analyzing the hallway before entering. I follow him out and to the back door.

"Why are you so hung up on this?"  I question and Felix stops in his tracks. He turns around to face me but then looks at something behind me. I look back to see Hyunjin with Wonyoung. Wonyoung looks like she has just woken up.

"Why are you guys loud?" Hyunjin asks and Felix and I look at each other.

"We were whispering," Felix defends himself. "How did you hear us?" He points at Wonyoung who yawns.

"I heard Hyunjin leaving our room," Wonyoung says. "I'm a light sleeper."

"Where are you guys going?" Hyunjin asks, crossing his arms.

"Uh," I stutter nervously.

"If I tell you, you will tell Jinyoung," Felix remarks.

"No, I won't," Hyunjin scoffs but Felix eyes him doubtfully.

"You're his biggest fanboy," Felix says, "I know you will tell him." Hyunjin's eyes grow wide and his cheeks turn red in embarrassment. Wonyoung covers her mouth to hide her laughter.

"Th-that's not true," Hyunjin tries to argue but knows that it is blatantly obvious how devoted he is to him.

"It is, Jinnie," Wonyoung pats his arm. Hyunjin scoffs.

"Fine, just for that, I won't tell him," Hyunjin says, trying to prove that he is a rebel.

"This is going to be good," I say sarcastically, waiting for Felix to unleash his plan.

[get lost, its our district

get out of here]

Hana's POV

Wonpil and I exit the car as we approach the pharmacy. We thought it might be a good idea to come back with goods anyway in case Jinyoung questions. I scope out the area to see if anyone or anything was also here.

"All clear," I say and then Wonpil nods, knocking on the doors first to see if any zombies would come.

Three zombies appear from the darkness and start banging on the glass door trying to naw at us. We open the door and immediately step back to kill them. Their bodies fall to the ground. We both enter into the pharmacy with our flashlights to light up the place. I walk over to different aisles carefully but my eyes get hung up on a rubber ducky. I smile and remember how Sana and I used to take bubble baths with Chan when we were very small. Come to think of it, he was very much like my brother. I grab the rubber ducky from the shelf and place it into my backpack.

"I hope this isn't a bad time to ask," Wonpil says and appears next to me. "Jinyoung was wondering if we could use your blood to create more vaccines," I tilt my head and then nod, willingly. The last time someone took vials of my blood was back at SM Town.

"How did you cure people before?" I question, a little curious as to how they dealt with people who suffered from the bite.

"Jae figured out how to modify the vaccine to make it only once a year that you had to take it and we used Lucy's blood. She has the same power as you to cure the bite temporarily," Wonpil explains. I nod and smile as I think of Lucy. "Does she know that you're her biological mom yet?" I sigh and walk through the aisle.

"We plan on telling her when she turns 8 years old. That's in a month," I explain. "She's smart though, I can tell she knows something is up."

"Have you seen Hyunho show any signs of immunity?" Wonpil asks and it starts to become more of an interview. I furrow my brows as I think.

"The only thing I've seen is his quick healing. He can hear pretty well but nothing more," I inform him. I wonder how Hyunho is right now.

I hear soft murmurs near us and look at Wonpil who has the same expression on his face. Wonpil grabs my hand and takes me to the pharmacy and closes the door, locking us inside. We both crouch behind the counter and Wonpil pulls down the security gate.

"Sounds like four people," I whisper and Wonpil nods.

I listen closely and recognize their voices as men. My eyes grow wide when I hear the motor of our car start and I try to stand but Wonpil pulls me back down. He shakes his head at me, signaling to let it go. I sigh and plant myself back down.

"Someone's inside," one of them says. I feel my heart beat faster and glance at Wonpil who is staring at the ground as he listens intently.

"I got the car started," another says.

"Look at the dead zombies on the ground," one of them points out. "They're fresh." I assume they notice how fresh the blood is. I clench my fists nervously and open them again to calm down.

"Should we have some fun?" One of them laughs. I glance at Wonpil who looks angered by their comments. "If it's a girl, I call dibs," I scoff and pull out my knife from my boot in case.

"What are we going to do?" I whisper.