don't be silly

gripping your covers, pulling them closer to you; as if they couldn't be any closer. your eyes, peeled, keeping you awake. that tingly feeling, yes you want to shut them, it just wasn't possible at that current moment. thoughts ran wild through your head, of the terrifying dream you just recently had.

slightly rocking yourself, letting a few tears slip. you worked up the courage, to throw the covers off of your small, frightened frame. you rush past, the dark shadows, you thought you were seeing in the corners of your room. you slowly tip-toe out of your dorm room, making sure to quietly shut the door behind you.

the souls of your fluffy socks touch the wood flooring that's below you, making your way over to marcus's bedroom.

finding yourself, standing in front of his bedroom door. you sart to question why you was here, actually no. you knew exactly why you was here. you wanted his comfort. you needed his comfort.

taking a sharp, deep breath in. you softly touch the pads of his door. leaning your forehead against it, you close your eyes. finally deciding what you was going to do; you take a step back, and start to slowly walk away. that was until, you heard the door open; marcus's door.

your eyes widened, you look to see marcus standing in front of his door.

"___, what are you doing?" he says, rubbing his eyes, signalling he was tired.

"i-i um..i just had a bad dream..that's all. sorry if i woke you, i- i should probably get back to my room" you say, feeling awkward, but also a bit sad, seeing him standing their, his exhausted frame looking down at you.

"no- no it's allright. come here" he says, luring you into his room, gently holding onto your arm.

darkness. that was all you saw in his room, yes it wasn't as scary as the darkness, you once saw in your own room. but was still uneasy. but marcus's hand was still there, reassuring you he wasn't going anywhere.

he softly pulls you to his bed, he sorts the covers out and climbs into his bed. he pulls on your hands, gently, telling you to follow him. so that's what you do, you climb into his bed, seeing as it was a single. you were quite squashed together, but none of you seemed to mind.

"i'm sorry..it's pathetic- i know" you say, sighing.

"don't be silly" he says in a relaxing voice.

he gently pulls you closer to himself, so you laying together; facing eachother. he moves his hands to your back, gently rubbing up and down to soothe you.

you can feel the exhaustion take over you, you can feel your eyelids starting to shut again. so your wrap your arms, around his broad shoulders, as he trails his other hand from your arm down to your hand, lacing his hands around yours.

this is exactly what you needed. you seeked his touch, you wanted him. you wanted him to gently squeeze your hand, reassuring you he was with you. you wanted him to, softly push the locks of hair that falls down onto your face back, whilst he caressed your cheek.
you loved him. he knew that, everyone knew that. and little did you know,

he loved you too.

___________

note: srry for not updating for like 2-3 days. ahhh school been so stressful you don't even know haha, but hopefully i'll get a few more chapters out eventually c: