come back to bed

you wasn't sure how long it'd been since the lights were turned off, two hours? maybe four, you wasn't sure

you wasn't sure how long it'd been since the lights were turned off, two hours? maybe four, you wasn't sure. in that space of time all you'd been doing was laying there. laying there, ever so still. there wasn't really anything in sight, seeing as the room was pitch black, but you knew what was there; your school uniform hung up on your door, a picture frame of you and marcus.

it was taken by willy, the two of you was in the halls, leaning against your locker. he was holding the side of your cheek, whilst you was smiling, he placed his forehead against yours.

it was a rare picture. you'd admit, marcus didn't like photos. at all. but when it was taken unexpectedly, he looked amazing, you knew he was worried if any pictures got taken, they'd be spread out to the world or something. but not this one, this one stayed on your bedside table.

your eyes fluttered around the room, looking under your door, to see some of the school lights are still on, and some teenagers muttering, trying to be quiet. there was a loose arm draped round your torso, that stopped you from moving too much. you didn't want to wake him.

marcus didn't snore, he talked and had nightmares. he mumbled a lot of different words under his breath a lot, muffled slightly. but that wasn't what was keeping you awake at all.

when you went to bed, you felt extremely tired. the school day exhausted you, walking up and down millions of flights of stairs, you tried closing your eyes, but seeing as it wasn't working you just kept them open, staring at anything.

it got weirdly hot. kicking off the covers, to let your ankles out. and you cooled down, the figures you thought you'd seen in the corner, grew bigger; causing you to put your foot back in the covers, and curl up against marcus.

you were thinking about multiple things. but tomorrow was the main one. if you didn't get to sleep now you wouldn't have the energy to go to school tomorrow, it seemed as the atmosphere in the kings dominion was just getting worse and worse everyday, making you not wanting to be there.

as you stayed there, thinking. you began to grow uncomfortable. uncomfortable of the position you were in, the heavy duvet hugging your body, your hair sprawled out across your pillows gathering knots, you felt itches over your body.

gently, you lifted his arm off of your waist, and laid it back on the mattress. he shuffled around, stuffing his head in a pillow, sighing in his sleep. you sat up off the bed, letting your socks collide with the wooden floor. pressing the small button of your phone, the time read 2:03am.

the door creaked open, leading you to an open corridor. you were surprised as too how many lights were on, especially at this time anyway. your steps were as light as a feather, as you tiptoed to the kitchen.

you shuffled into the kitchen, switching one of the small lights on, squinting your eyes at it due to how bright it was. your feet, hitting the tiles with every step you make. you opened the fridge, with a light tug on the handle, dragged out a bottle of milk; already made. you take the top off, placing it into the microwave for 20 seconds.

as the microwave hummed, your eyes turned to the rain hitting the window in front of you. you leaned on the counter, staring at each raindrop fall on the window.

before the microwave could make a noise, meaning people would complain. you open the door, leaving it with 2 seconds left. you placed your hands on the glass bottle, you wrapped your lips around the mouth piece, swallowing the milk. it was nice, just didn't smell too good.

you leaned against the counter; again. softly counting the raindrops, that had appeared on the window. looking up to see the night sky, not as dark as it once used to be, meaning it was going to be light soon.

marcus didn't really know how to be quiet. stumbling over his own feet in the corridor, accidentally walking into the lockers; causing a bang. he recollected himself, rubbing his eyes letting his feet carry him to the kitchen. with an amused smile, you bring the bottle up to your lips once again.

as he came around the corner, his eyes flickered to the bottle of milk you were holding and the 2 seconds left on the microwave.

"didn't think that actually worked" he says, referring to the warm milk. taking a few more steps to get closer to you.

"it does and doesn't" you say looking at him, realising how tired he actually is.

muttering apologies under his breath, he wraps his arms around your waist, bring you closer to himself. you turned around, putting the bottle in the sink. placing your hands on his warm cheeks, you trail them up to his curls, where you lightly push them out of his face.

he smiled at you, tired, but also had the energy to smile at you.

"you shouldn't be up" you say bringing him in for a hug.

after a few seconds, he raises his head from your shoulder, peering down at you; "i cant sleep without you" he says wanting to go back to bed, but also wanting you to go with him.

you smile, shaking your head. a moment of silence passed between the two of you before he stated "come back to bed" whilst tugging on your fingers.

you nod, obliging his wishes. he leads you back to the dorm room, your dorm room. he climbs back into bed, leaving his arms open for you to climb into.

you gladly do. shuffling around; getting comfortable, he pulls the duvet up so it's on the two of you. he gently rubs his hand up and down your back, trying to release some of this anxiety you were having.

feeling your eyes start to close, he whispers down at you 'i love you' and kisses the side of your head.

before you did fall asleep, he told you "there's nothing to worry about" whilst trailing his hands up to your hair, running his fingers
through it.

__________

note: hi sorry if there's any mistakes, i'm so tired rn, it's 12:18am and i have school tomorrow, so i'll fix anything up in the morning  :)