Stella & The Nice Guy

Magsimula sa umpisa

Although I wasn't sure I was ready to go back, it was my problem, not the company.

When the workday finally ended I pack up my things and walk out of the office after saying my goodbyes. "Stella." A voice calls out as I approach my car in the parking garage. I held my pepper spray securely before turning to see.

Michael approaches me with a chuckle, "You're going to mace me? I just came over to apologize."

I quirk my brow, "Apologize?"

"Yes about earlier. I didn't know the CEO did you so dirty. That is why I am offering to go in your place to meet Mr. Ashford to discuss the deal. Aren't I sweet?"

I frown, "Mr. Lewis hasn't made the final decision yet."

"Oh yes he did. After the wonderful proposal, I gave him today." He says with a cheeky smile.

"You proposed Ashford Industries?" I ask in shock.

He shrugs, "I knew you wouldn't."

"I was going to! You are such a dick you know that?"

He puts his hands up in defense, "I'm the nice guy remember? You don't even have to go to the meeting, I got you out of it already."

My eyes widen as I grit my teeth in anger. I didn't even respond before marching over to my car and getting in. I start the engine completely ignoring him and driving out of the parking garage.

"Call Sheila!" I tell the car angrily.

"Calling Sheila." It rings a few times before I hear her voice.

"What's up?" She says cheerfully as her face appears on the screen.

"You will not believe what the asshole did this time." I tell her as I join the freeway traffic.

"Surprise me."

"First he proposed that we collaborate with Ashford Industries. Then he insults me and says that I'm putting my feelings ahead of what's good for the company. Then he goes behind my back to tell Mr. Lewis that we should use Ashford industries and gets me out of the meeting! And then had the audacity to say he did a nice thing, can you believe him?" I ask frantically. Sheila was quiet for a moment, making me tap the screen in question. "You there?"

"Stella you have been avoiding Ashford Industries at every cost. I don't agree with his methods, but now the company doesn't have to suffer and you don't have to see him."

"Sheila!"

She shrugs, "It's the truth Stell. Not saying you owe him a thank you or anything though."

"I can't voluntarily avoid a business meeting, it'll look bad if the COO doesn't show! Especially for a deal as big as this one. I just wish it wasn't that company."

"Stella you can't be picky with who the company works with based on personal agendas. It's either you go with them, look good, and see Julius. Or you stay behind, look bad, and avoid Julius."

I wince just hearing his name again and sigh. "I'll call you later." Before she can respond I hang up, resting my back against the driver's seat. Stupid traffic.

I hadn't seen or heard from Julius since the breakup. And now I might have to sit face to face with him and watch him discuss business with my boss. I mean I could probably handle it right?

It's been a couple of months and I was able to say his last name without wincing, just not the first. I sigh as I pull into the parking lot of my apartment complex and head up the elevator.

-

"So you do plan to accompany me for this meeting?" Mr. Lewis asks in confusion.

"Yes regardless of what Michael told you I am not backing out and do not plan to. After all, it is my job and would be irresponsible for me not to attend."