Enter The Apprentice For The Beginner.

Start from the beginning

Astrologist: "I shall give you my name, remember it well. It is βαρβούνης. Some say it as varvoúnis. It is the exact time of night, a perfect zero point. We have five hours to leave. But first, we drink."

Mona: "Right!" *She brings several glass bottles full of wine* "I have brought our best."

βαρβούνης: "Good."

From there, they drunk until they emptied the shelves. Now it is time for them to leave. He collects all his books and rips one page from each of them. 

βαρβούνης: "I will leave everything here. But I will give you one gift worth more than this entire estate. The pinnacle of my research."

He cuts himself with the last page. With his blood, he unlocks a cabinet. He remains calm as he grabs his grimoire. Careful not to bloody his life's work. 

βαρβούνης: "Take this. It's what I've made from every year of my mission. Keep it with you at all times. Study and learn. Be better than your mortal beginnings. Care not of what you may receive in physical form, but what knowledge you can obtain. We must be going now."

Mona: "We hope the stars will unite us once more one day."

They take nothing with them as they walk out the front door. Leaving the keys on the kitchen table. They close the door behind them.

Y/N: "What? What just happened?" So they're really just giving me their villa and go? This house looks super expensive. How are taxes going to work? I also have this book now. *He looks up at the book* "I'm keeping this. It may be some crazy person's ramblings, but it looks really cool."

His flashback ends.

Y/N: How drunk was I that night? That didn't actually happen, right? Well, I'm over that stage now.

He shakes his head. 

Y/N: "Too bad I only have a picture. I can't even remember that day properly" The only thing I really have to affirm anything is the book.

Said book sits on his dresser next to his alarm clock.

 Y/N: I'd forgotten where I got that book. Have I actually learned anything from then? I'll think about that.

Finishing brushing his teeth, he finishes his daily routine and leaves the house. On the drive there, he saw a dog chasing an onion that's rolling down a hill. He wanted to stop and help it, but it seemed to have everything under control. Going to the second floor of the office, he wonders what today has in store. The ping of the elevator gains the attention of someone in the office. They move closer to see who may be.

A-chan: "Oh, it's you. You're running late today. Any reason for that?"

Y/N: "Ah, sorry. I spaced this morning. I was remembering something that happened a few years ago."

A-chan: "Like a flashback?"

Y/N: "Yeah, like a real-life flashback."

A-chan: "Was it a good memory?"

Y/N: "It was a strange one. In fact, I don't think you'd believe me if I told you without any evidence."

A-chan: "It can't be that weird. But I'll respect your privacy."

Y/N: "It's more the fact it's unbelievable."

A-chan: *She grabs a juice box from her purse* "Wanna talk about it?"

Y/N: "Yeah." *He accepts the juice* Hey, it's apple flavored. Nice.

He proceeds to tell her what he remembered. Some other people were in the office and were surprised about such a story.