Akaza was watching with entertainment, watching him break down.

"You really are weak." Akaza spat.

Giyu clenched his katana, a tear running down his face, "Tell me something I don't know."

Before there could be more dialogue exchanged between them, a bright flame erupted.

It was Rengoku, holding his old katana, a bright smile adorning his face.

"Please stand back Tomioka!" He smiled. Giyu swore he could see Rengoku's human self within Rengoku's now slitted eyes.

Rengoku rushed forward, his fox ears pinned back in excitement.

Akaza ignored Rengoku and rushed to finish Giyu. Though before Akaza could reach Giyu, his arm was sliced off.

"I didn't get to finish back at the train, allow me to finish it now." Rengoku spoke, the flame in his heart had been relit.

Seeing Sabito and Makomo get slaughtered, and there was nothing he could do... made him remember why he even became a demon slayer.

Both Rengoku and Akaza exchanged attacks, neither of them giving up.

"GIYU STOP!" Rengoku yelled. Giyu tried to attack in between their fast, precise attacks.

Though he wasn't in his right mind, and was being reckless.

Giyu yelled in pain, his arm being sliced off, Rengoku's eyes widening.

"S-shit..." Giyu muttered, biting his lip in pure agony. Rengoku all of a sudden froze up and looked to a corner of the room.

"Akaza... what have you done?" A voice spoke up. They walked out of the shadows, their katana being held to their side.

Akaza's eyes widened in horror, "I-I-"

All of a sudden Akaza was being held up by his throat, their white eyes bearing into his. It was as if they could see him.

"I told you, don't try and play crazy with me..."

Flashback

Akaza could be seen enraged and about to kill seeing his one love dead. She must've choked on her own vomit from the poisoning.

He was seething, and he stormed over to the next dojo over. The rain pouring heavily on him, not once giving up.

Akaza slammed open the opposing dojo's doors, seeing all sixty-seven members training.

"What have you done?" He seethed.

Akaza remembers little to nothing from that night, but a lot of blood was shed. He's ended up killing all sixty-seven members in a rage, not once getting tired.

"That was impressive, excessive, but impressive." A voice slightly praised. Akaza immediately turned around and threw a punch at whoever it was, though immediately felt his fist shatter.

His fist had landed on their hand, making his fist instantly shatter. They grabbed his broken fist and flipped him onto his back with little to no effort.

"I'll kill you." He spat, looking up at the unknown girl in the dojo, not realizing the situation he was in

That's when they decided to look down at him, allowing Akaza to see a slitted purple eye.

"You're crazy, though you'll find..." they squatted down closer to Akaza...

"I'm a lot better at it."

End of flashback

"Your done Akaza." They said, Akaza regenerating.

"But-

"No! No buts Akaza!" They hissed. "Don't you want to see her again? I'm not her! You don't love me! You love her!" They yelled.

Akaza was shocked, though dropped his head. He was defeated, he truly had nothing left.

"I-

"It's time to let go Akaza." They said a bit more gentle. Akaza slowly nodded his head as they prepared their katana.

They didn't use a breath on him, since it would only cause him great pain.

Once Akaza's head fell onto the ground, "P-please... Hatorida-dono... did I do good?" He nearly pleaded.

They kneeled down next to him and placed a cold yet soft hand in his face.

"You were nothing short of impressive."