"I wanted to know..." I took a deep breath, my throat becoming drier by passing moments, "Do you by chance... happen to have any surveillance camera in the guest bedroom?"

This time, he faced me, his eyes drifting to where I was seated.

"Why would I have surveillance cameras in my guest's room, Ms. Campbell?" His voice was quiet, calm.

I let out a shaky breath, articulating the reasoning I should give him in my head.

"Mr. Estevan I don't know how I should put it..." I let out a breath, feeling embarrassed but fearful at the same time, "I think someone was spying on me when I was in the shower."

Even if he was shocked by the news, he didn't let it appear in his features. He was good at being enigmatic, but I was better at being an observer.

And so, the way his exceptionally large fingers curled ever so slightly on the skull of his stick didn't escape my eyes.

"Spying?"

"Yes..." I looked up at him, meeting his eyes, despite knowing that he couldn't see the way my eyes glazed over, verklempt with anxiety, "I was talking a shower and then I heard a door lock and-"

"Did you not lock the door, Ms. Campbell?" His baritone was callous, "Or the bathroom door?"

I bit my lips, "I did lock the main door of my room.."

He put his other hand on the stick, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly, "You were supposed to lock the shower door too, no?" He trailed off sarcastically, raising an eyebrow, "I don't understand how they assigned me to an airheaded amateur."

My jaw dropped to the floor as I shot him an offended look, "I am not an airheaded amateur!"

"You are an amateur, Ms. Campbell," He regarded me coolly, his face as stoic as ever, "It makes me think whether you are as irresponsible in your job."

I gaped at him, baffled by the turn of events.

Was he seriously accusing me now?

"Mr. Ares Estevan," I muttered sternly, rage slithering in my veins, "I am one hundred percent dedicated when it comes to my job. I take it seriously and devote myself to my utmost capability-"

"Let's get one thing clear Ms. Campbell," He cut me off, his voice gruff, "I don't want you here. Your display of irresponsibility increases my wish by tenfold."

I was seething, but at the same time, I was disappointed with myself.

He was true, I did forget to lock the bathroom door.

The fact that I displayed my vulnerability at the very first day of my duty left me with a bitter aftertaste, burning the tip of my tongue.

I wallowed in my misery, a heavy sigh leaving me as I glanced at my fingers. A loud thunderstrike resonated, making my heart jump.

Rain in fall?

Maybe that's why he is wet?

Why didn't I notice it before?

I wouldn't call myself a pluviophile, in fact I was far from it- yet, for that single passing moment, it soothed the deepest core of my soul, calming me for a bit.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I glanced at him as he stroked his chin thoughtfully, his brows furrowing.

"On another thought, Ms. Campbell, you are excused."

I frowned as confusion swirled through me.

"Weren't you supposed to discuss some rules?"

"I initially called you here to have a talk with you, share an idea with you about my condition and discuss how we can adjust to this new settlement, but after your complaint, I have perceived you to be an irresponsible professional and decided that it would, perhaps be a better decision to keep you away from me."