Chapter 9

The 5 of them were somehow able to make it to their first class before the bell rang. As for the class they had, it was grimm studies with Professor Port....... if you call his stories studying anyway.

Many of the students weren't able to get much out of his extremely sugar-coated stories, but Varon found them to be rather useful. Since he is still somewhat new to this world, these very stories can help him with certain tips against some of the grimm.

While the Professor was talking, Ruby started to draw a pic of Port out of boredom, making yang laugh a little along with making Varon let out a soft chuckle.

Port: A true huntsman must be honorable

Ruby was now balancing items on one of her fingers.

Port: A true huntsman must be dependable.

Now Ruby was asleep.

Varon: [How on earth can she sleep sitting up?]

Port: A true huntsman must be strategic, well educated, and wise.

Now Ruby was picking her nose.

Varon couldn't help but face palm slightly along with noticing that Weiss was getting annoyed.

Port: So, who among you think that you are the embodiment of these traits.

Weiss immediately raises her hand with Varon following close behind.

Weiss: I do sir!

Varon: As do I Professor Port.

Port: Excellent, now let's see what the two of you are capable of.

He turns around to show a cage with a grimm inside of it.

Varon: Ladies first of course.

Weiss nods to show his appreciation and then gets ready for combat.

Port: After this you may have your chance Mr. Vanari.

He nods and waits a few minutes before Weiss returns with her weapon in hand.

Port then opens the cage to show a borbatusk that runs out and tries to attack her with no hesitation. She sidesteps to the left and tries to strike it but that doesn't seem to work.

Port* haha, weren't expecting that were you?

She then tries to strike it from the front, but it moves its head so that her rapier gets snagged in between its tusks.

Ruby: Come on Weiss, show it who's boss!

This distracts her causing the borbatusk to bash her away along with separating her from her weapon. She gets out of the way as it tries to ram her.

Ruby: Weiss, go for its belly. There's no armor there!

Weiss: Stop telling me what to do!

Varon: [Ok, looks like the heiress has some controlment issues]

She then goes for her rapier and makes a barrier so that the borbatusk hits it and is stuck on its back. She then charges at ut and does a clean shot to its stomach, killing it instantly.

Port: Incredible, it appears that we do have a true huntsman in our midst. Now for your turn Mr. Vanari.

Varon goes to the changing room so that he can get his khopesh and enters the classroom once more.

Port: Whenever you're ready.

The boy then nods before Port opens the cage to reveal a good sized beowolf. The monster itself looks around before noticing Varon a few feet in front of him and charges at the huntsman in training.