chapter 7

Varon was flung into the air trying to figure out how the heck he can land without making him use his other abilities. He'd want to try to fit in as much as possible before he has to do such a thing.

Luckily he starts to fall towards the trees, and then he goes ahead and pulls out his khopesh.

Varon: Looks like it's time to show what I'm capable of.

He then grabs onto one of the branches of the many trees via his khopesh, and uses them to swing himself to lower branches until he finally makes it to the ground safely.

Varon: Well, that was unexpected...... and so is this.

He soon sees a couple of wolf like monsters approaching him.

Varon: This must be those Creatures of Grimm I've been hearing about. Guess I can do with a bit of exercise while I'm here.

He starts to walk towards them with his Khopesh in hand.

The grimm looked a bit confused at first since they sensed no negative emotions from him, he only felt..... neutral. They would soon shake it off and charge at him.

In a matter of minutes, he decapitated all the beowolves.

Varon: So these are creatures of darkness....... very interesting.

As he walks along through the forest, he senses something odd...... almost magical, and he decides to follow this presence until he comes across what seems to be a part of the cliff. However, he notices the faint trace coming from within a specific spot.

Varon: Hmm, I wonder......

He reaches his hand to where it's coming from and it goes right through the wall as if the wall itself was just an illusion. He then grabs ahold of something and pulls it out only to find what seems to be a white queen chess piece.

Varon: I wonder if this is the so called artifact he was talking about, but why was it hidden like this, and that trace on it...... magic?

He then shrugs it off and places the piece in his pocket before heading back into the forest.

He continues to walk through the forest and soon comes across the mentioned ruins. It was at this point that he sees Blake and Yang grabbing one of the chess pieces.

Varon: Looks like you two already made it here with ease.

Yang:Hey Varon!

Blake: Good to see you again Varon.

He then walks to where Blake and Yang are at.

Varon: So these are the relics that he mentioned earlier...... clever move using chess pieces. I wonder where the others are at?

Soon enough you can hear a girlish scream from far away.

Yang: Some girl is in trouble!

Varon: [That sounded like Jaune's voice....... God even his scream is embarrassing.]

Soon afterwards, Varon looks into the sky and sees something that he never would've expected.

Varon: Uh Yang, does your sister have the ability to fly?

Yang: No, why?

Varon: Cuz she's falling out of the sky towards us.

The two girls look to the sky to see that Varon was right. Ruby was indeed falling out of the sky towards the three of them.

Ruby: HEADS UP!!!!

Oddly enough before Ruby hits the ground, Jaune gets slammed into her and the two land in a nearby tree.