Sasha burst out laughing at your reaction, letting herself fall flat onto the floor.

"I just wanted to see if I could wake you up only by using my mind and the powerful thoughts of breakfast!", she replied, a little winded from all the laughing.

You threw you pillow at her and it hit her with a thud. You laughed at the sound.

"Can you guys shut it!", an irritated voice coming from the corner of the room said. It was Ymir. "Some of us are still trying to squeeze in a couple more minutes of sleep  before we have to get up!".

Sasha looked over in your direction and whispered,

"Come on Y/N, put your uniform on! We have to get to mess hall early, so we get the food while it's still fresh!". She almost hissed the last part. You rolled your eyes and got up to get dressed. On cue your stomach growled, and you remembered that you didn't really eat anything yesterday. If it weren't for Crista sneaking two rolls and some water over to you and Sasha once you both collapsed to the ground, you probably wouldn't have been able to get yourself back into your bunk even. Though come to think of it, Sasha went into beast mode, eating both rolls before you could even stretch out your hand to grab one from Crista. Thus, leaving you with only water to consume, but you weren't complaining. At least you got something.

Once dressed, Sasha grabbed your wrist pulling you with her towards mess hall.

"Hey Sasha, calm down!", you pleaded, struggling to keep up. "They haven't even rung the bell yet; we can't even go inside!".

"I don't want to risk not being the first one there!", she replied, tightening her grip around your wrist to ensure you followed.

Finally reaching the door of the mess hall, she freed you from her tight grip. You leaned back against the railing trying to catch your breath.

"I see you guys are up bright an early as well", a familiar voice called from behind you. You turned around and saw a blonde boy facing you.

'Armin!'

You smiled, taking a step towards him, unsure if he recognize or even remembers who you are.

"Hi Y/N", he said with a smile, like he had read your mind and wanted to let you know he remembered.

You closed the distance between you and gave him a hug. You had always wondered what had become of him after all these years. If you hadn't seen him on the boat, you would have presumed he died.

"Oh Armin, it's so good to see you", you said in his embrace. You don't know where this sudden confidence came from, seeing you used to be shy around new people and you hadn't necessarily talked that much with him before. You guys weren't friends the way he was friends with Eren and Mikasa. Having to survive on your own for two years must have done something to your social confidence as you had to be tough to get by.

"Likewise, Y/N. I always wondered where you ended up after the boat ride. I hoped you'd try to come find us", he said as he pulled away from you.

"Yeah, I probably should've. But it was a confusing and stressful time, I didn't really know what to do at first", you answered him sincerely.

"I get it, Y/N, no worries. I'm just glad-". The bell rang, stopping Armin mid-sentence. You felt a hand grab your wrist.

"Come on Y/N, this is what we have been waiting for!", Sasha almost screamed.

'It's seven in the morning.. It's seven in the morning..!'

She pulled you in through the door before you could even wrap up your conversation with Armin. You looked over at him with an apologetic expression on your face. He just smiled back at you and let out a little laugh. You saw Eren and Mikasa closing in behind him.