26 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Start from the beginning

"We're leaving with our prize. And you? Uh, you're about to die. I forget to mention there's one more thing guarding the curse. The Chernabog," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"An ancient demon that feeds on evil. It seeks out the heart with the greatest potential for darkness and devours it. That's why we really needed you three. Everyone alive should know by now," Delphinia smirked, "The Enchantress and the Dark One are never truly fighting or apart. Adieu," Delphinia said and they waved goodbye as they walked out of the door and it shut right behind them.

"Very good, dearie," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Why thank you, Papa... Closer than ever," Delphinia said as they walked down the hallway, away from the large door.

Back behind the room with the remaining three Queens of Darkness, they turned around and saw the demon standing behind them on a rock, the creature was large pitch-black, winged and its eyes glowed red.

End of Flashback

Outside Storybrooke...

Cruella was driving her car like a maniac, unable to stay in the correct lane.

"Stop the car," Mr Gold said.

Cruella suddenly stopped the car, making the breaks squeak and they all got out of the car. Mr Gold led them to a tie that was handing on a tree branch.

"We're here," Mr Gold said as he pulled the tie off the branch.

"What the hell are you talking about? Where is this Storybrooke?" Ursula asked.

"Look, I confess, things aren't quite as I said," Mr Gold said.

"For a man who's preaching trust, you are getting off on the wrong foot," Cruella said.

"But i-if I was completely untrustworthy, would I be telling you the truth now? The... The town line is, uh... 100 yards up that road," Mr Gold pointed in the direction and looked back at them, "Oh, but... It's cloaked by a protection spell. Makes it impossible to see or enter," Mr Gold said.

"A town you can't see or enter?" Ursula said.

"But it's the truth. The night I was banished," Mr Gold held up the tie, "I-I attached this tie to that tree so I'd be able to find my way home," Mr Gold said.

"Okay, let's say you are telling the truth. How are we supposed to cross that line without any magic?" Ursula said.

Cruella pulled out her gun and pointed it at Mr Gold, startling him, "No more encores, Rumpel. We're finished with your hazy instructions and your empty promises," Cruella said.

"Please put the gun down. You're overreact-," Mr Gold began to say when Ursula kicked away his cane, resulting in Mr Gold falling to the floor.

"No more tricks. If we're about to walk into a trap, tell us now, darling, because out here, you're nothing more than a cripple, a coward with a real-world ability to die," Cruella said.