Cedric Diggory

I'm sorry for not updating in a really really long time. I guess I just caught up on work that I completely forgot about this story... I know, I know, I'm really stupid... Haha... Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for 18.1k reads and 310 votes! I never thought this book would get so ahead! Enjoy reading!

---------------------

I tried to comfort myself as I stared at the place Harry and Cedric were supposed to return. My palms felt sweaty as a pit of worry grew in my stomach. They were supposed to be here hours ago, what's taking them so long? I stared at (b/f/n) nervously as they gave me a reassuring smile.

Suddenly, a huge cheer erupted from the crowd, warning me immediately. My eyes glistened as I stared at the glowing cup in the grass. They're back! But wait, there was something wrong. Suddenly, a voice caught my attention as a man, who I recognized to be Cedric's dad screamed, "My son! That's my son- my boy!"

Oh no. My instincts took over as I ran towards Harry and the others, to see Cedric's dead body laying there. Tears streamed down my face and I dropped to my knees beside him. "No! Ced, you can't-," I started to say, but a little hope in me checked his body for a pulse. Finding none, I sobbed quietly, "you can't leave me..."

Flashbacks ran in the back of my head, making me cry more loudly. Harry held me closer to him, reassuring me that everything would be alright. However, I knew he was saying that just to calm me down... Voldemort was back, and on top of that, he killed Ced! I won't lay down until that man itself- no, that blood-shedding beast itself is dead!

*Flashback*

"(Y/n)!" A voice said as I turned around to see who it was. Noticing that it was my best friend, *cough* *cough* boyfriend *cough* I smiled at him and said, "What's up Ced?"

"The final task is coming along and I wanted to say something before it," Cedric said, smiling at me. I smiled at him too, but I was worried about him. Something in my mind told me that darkness was coming and that I should protect Cedric and everyone else I love.

"Well then, what is it?" I asked, skipping down the hallway. "Um, well... I wanted to give you this letter..." He said, nervously.

"What for? Oh wait, don't tell me..." I started to say as I frowned at him. He smiled weakly and replied, "(y/n), I know you don't like it, but we have to be prepared for everything."

Tears started welling up in my eyes as I said, "You're not going to leave me Ced! Promise me that!"

"(y/n), but-..."

"No! Promise me that you'll come back in one piece and that we'll get married and have kids, and then...-," I said, but he cut me off.

"I promise... But let's take things slow, shall we?" He chuckled, making me laugh. He slowly hugged me and I hugged back, feeling safe in his embrace.

*Flashback over*

"You promised... you promised that we'd get married and have a family...." I said quietly, as I hugged his cold body.

Taking out the letter from my pocket, I read it with dread.

If you're reading this, (y/n) ... it means that I probably didn't make it back... You must be cursing me now and telling me that I should've been more careful.

Pausing the letter, I muttered, "Damn right you are!"

Remember (y/n) ... Sometimes, it's better to let people go. My time has just come, and I want you to move on. As much as it hurts, I want you to move on with another person, defeat you-know-who, become a (your dream job), and have kids. Remember, that I'm always here even if you don't see me.

I love you.

Breaking down, I sobbed as Mr. Diggory patted me on my shoulder, crying along. He was right though; he was always here with me.

"Cedric, if you're listening... I love you too... as my best friend, boyfriend, and the one who cared for me most." 

---------------------------

Thank you for reading and do leave your feedback here!