Chapter Nine

Percy was smiling like a godly idiot. A very dumb godly idiot, as Artemis had put it.

Why was he smiling? Oh thats easy, it's because Apollo had blushed like crazy when they saw the photo Eros had taken of them.

Apollo holding Percy up, while he had dipped him down. Their faces inches apart. Lost in each others eyes with twin blushes on their faces. Bodies close, one of Apollo's legs between Percy's. Apollo's hair falling across his face, Percy's hand pushing it back behind his ear. Percy's eyes as red as Apollo's hair was bright.

Percy's eyes went yellow everytime he looked at the photo. He couldn't explain it. He just felt really happy about it.

He didn't feel happy when Apollo disappeared after seeing the photograph. Artemis chased after the truth god.

I hope he's ok, Percy thought, turning around to look at the photo again.

Oh and another thing, turns out that gods can use mobile phones. Thats how Eros took the photo and sent it to every single god on Olympus. A bit overkill if you ask Percy. But Eros said it was so that if someone deleted it he would still have over a hundred backups. Which Percy also thought was a bit overkill. Seriously, its one picture, why the everloving Phobos would you need over 100 backups. Thats just crazy, even by Percy's standards.

Percy stood upon his tiptoes and searched through the crowd. Using his Dad's shoulder to balance himself.

"Who are you looking for?" Poseidon asked, looking across at his son.

"Hmm nobody," Percy answered, it was obvious that he was lying. But Poseidon didn't press for an answer.

"Your eyes are grey again, I wonder what the colours mean." Poseidon had started talking to himself and Percy used the few seconds to scan the crowd of gods again.

He saw Triton making out with a dark skinned god who was slightly taller than him. Not being a creep Percy glanced past them. Only recognising Triton from the traditional sea clothing he wore. The other one he didn't recognise.

Eros was lovingly spining his wife around in a slow dance. Looking incredibly in love with her. Reminding Percy how single he was.

Anteros was talking to Hermes about something. Hermes looked incredibly relexed and was holding something between his fingers. He offered it to Anteros who shook his head.

A goddess tapped Percy on the shoulder, "Hey."

"Um hi?" Percy said noticing how she looked. Short brown hair in a neat bob, electric blue eyes and a dress that completely covered her chest yet left her shoulders bare.

"I'm Electra, whats your name Handsome?" she said putting her arms around Percy as if to dance.

"Uh I'm Percy."

"Well you look very nice in that outfit Percy." She purred when she said his name.

"Thanks I guess."

"I wonder if you look that good without it," Electra purred moving closer to him.

Percy immediately pushed her off him, "No thank you, I'm flattered but no thanks."

Electra twirled a stand of her hair around one finger, "Are you sure? I can give you a good time?"

Percy started inching away, "I think someone's calling me, bye!" He ran off.

Electra grabbed his hand and pulled him back, "Can I change your mind?"

Ares came into his line of sight and pulled him into a side hug. "Ah Percy, just the god I was looking for!"

Electra let go of his hand and stepped back from Ares. "Lord Ares, I wasn't expecting you to want to see Percy. In fact I wasn't expecting you to talk to anyone at all, not got a love goddess to be jealous over," the goddess sneered.