Jiang Cheng picked up the sword and unsheathed it, the blade was strong and glowing a light purple light. Wei Wuxian looked away from his smiling brother to the thin long sword in front of him. He slowly touched it, and it felt just right to his touch.

The scabbard looked as it was made from some kind of wood. The surface was uneven, a rustic finish. He ran his fingers along the length of his sword. 'You are beautiful. '  Wei Wuxian unsheathed the sword to see a sharp thin and long silver blade. 'You are really beautiful. '

This was not Wei Wuxian's first time holding a sword. In fact he had held countless treasures in his hand from his father's armory. He glided his fingers along the sharp blade and smiled.

'You are sharp and strong. I like you very much.
---Is someone calling my name.... Who cares.... ---
You are strong and beautiful.
---I think someone is calling me. I can't hear clearly. I am too busy to care ---
You mine and I yours. '

" ---XIAN"

"WEI WUXIAN"

Wei Wuxian looked up to meet Yu Ziyuan's eyes only to flinch at the murderous look. He quickly realised that he had been spacing out staring at his sword for far too long and missed some conversation. Wei WuXian scratched the back of his neck and smiled at the others.

Jiang Fengmian let out an amused chuckle while Yu Ziyuan huffed. Wei Wuxian saw Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli looking at him like he was expected to say something as an answer to the question that he never heard. He asked dumbly.

"What?"

"A-Xian you need to give your sword a name. "

Jiang Yanli said as she placed her hand on his shoulders. "Oh" Wei Wuxian replied and looked at his sword once again.

' How about.....no you are far too elegant to be called that.
Then ....... Not that one either that will be such a long name for a thin sword like you.
Oh oh I got it.......No that doesn't suit your looks. Ah this is difficult than I thought
Nothing seems right.'

"A-Xian did you get a name. "

"No Shijie. "

Wei Wuxian looked into Jiang Fengmian's eyes for help. He could feel the piercing glare from Yu Furen directed at him but he would just ignore it as long as he can. Finally Wei WuXian opened his mouth to say something but it came out as.

"Whatever"

"Alright A-Xian"

Jiang Fengmian replied with a sweet smile. Yu Ziyuan made a sound of protest while Zidian sparkled on her fingers. Jiang Fengmian looked at her and sighed tiredly. Seeing her husband's reaction she stood up and stormed off the room.

Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli were sitting on an open Hall watching the sunset and eating lotus seeds. Both boys were silently content in eating lotus seeds peeled by Jiang Yanli and enjoying the view. Wei Wuxian suddenly asked.

"Jiang Cheng what did you name your sword?"

"A-Xian you didn't hear it yesterday?"

Wei Wuxian shook his head at Jiang Yanli, he turned to see Jiang Cheng looking like he is going to punch him on the face. He gulped loudly as Jiang Yanli started giggling watching the two boys who had started another argument about who knows what. They quieted down as Jiang Fengmian walked in with both thier swords in his hand.

All three of them stood up as Jiang Fengmian reached them. He handed Jiang Cheng his sword, on the scabbard the word 'Sandu' is engraved.

"It's so cool. Nice name. It suits you. Well done didi. Wonderful! Marvelous!! Splendid!!!"

Wei Wuxian screamed continuously in the background as Jiang Yanli patted her brother's shoulder. Jiang Cheng smiled and then bowed to his father.

Wei Wuxian was super excited that he cannot even stand still but he somehow managed to take his sword with shaking hands from Jiang Fengmian. He looked at the characters engraved on the scabbard and suddenly he did not know what to think. He said out loud the name making Jiang Cheng start complaining and Jiang Yanli laugh.

"Suibian"

'Yes Suibian. Your name is Suibian. SUIBIAN SUIBIAN SUIBIAN....
My parents are gonna love you. I love you too. We are going to have so much fun. Hehe ' 

Wei WuXian pulled the blade out of scabbard and cut the air with beautiful strokes. Suibian felt perfect in his hands. ' You and I are going to eradicate evil, save lives and protect the weak and innocent together. For a lifetime Suibian.
You and I.'