"... And so it all led down to your father forcing you to move away, and also try forcing you into that horrible test. You took my stuffed dog with you, and I kept your stuffed cat." And that was how that part finished, from Nagito. Although, it wasn't truly finished. Hinata may have a much better memory now, but he still had very many questions. Once again, the hair topic. The white couldn't be hair dye. There must have been something going on, at least that was what the tan male actively thought. And he wasn't wrong about that. He was going to be persistent on the topic until he got his answer. 

The brunette sighed, "I see. I tried asking this earlier, but I you didn't get a chance to respond. What happened with your hair? You said it was more of a light brown as a kid, but this doesn't look like any kind of hair dye." And once again, at it had earlier, it felt as though Komaeda's heart dropped. He thought earlier was just a lucky miss, but here would be the true downfall, as there didn't seem to be anything that could interrupt this. And there was no running. Plus, he had planned to do this somewhat after the brunette had everything back to him. Yet, he just seemed so happy now that he had it, but then he'd just be losing a friend. But yet again, there was no running from it now.  

The cloudette took a few breaths in an out, trying to prepare himself for whatever reaction he was to receive. He felt that he just had to breathe, and he'd do this at least decently, and they may even be able to have a decent discussion. "Well, um.. You know how I told you, about my parents dying? Well, after that, things only got worse. I was kidnapped for a certain period of time, I became hated by everyone who had the displeasure of meeting me, and then before getting accepted into Hope's Peak, I.. I was diagnosed with two different disorders." It was a lot of information for Hinata to gather up all at once, and he didn't expect anything like this. "I have lymphoma, and frontal-temporal dementia. Those caused my skin to be paler, and my hair to go white. It also means, that I'm going to die sooner than I should be; I haven't been given an estimate yet, but it should be ten years or less." 

So much was shoved to Hinata's reality, and he had to come to face with the fact that this is what changed Nagito so much. It wasn't aging up, it was a sickness that was going to kill him earlier than needed. But his reaction, certainly wasn't the right one. It wasn't what he truly intended. 

What he did, out of blind fury, was huff, stand up, and simply; leave. He pushed his chair in, and walked out of the McDonald's, without saying a word aloud. Iruma from the room she was watching from, felt terrible about this; and she regretted even bringing the date now. She just wanted Hinata to finally be happy, and he seemed to truly have something going on with Komaeda, but perhaps it was too soon. As for Komaeda, he was on the verge of sobbing, even if he wasn't all in on the plan. He still wanted the "date" to last a bit, for whatever reason. And he certainly wasn't expecting to be stood up. He thought they'd be able to have a talk about it and be mature, but instead the olive eyed boy wanted to leave. 

Iruma ran out, heading down to the McDonald's, to try and comfort Komaeda. They were definitely going to have some long talk later on, as she had a plan in comforting. And she was said to be good in it, she comforted her boyfriend a lot; and her girlfriend, but she didn't need it as much as Saihara. Without the albino male even knowing it, soft, sparkling tears ran from his eyes, down his cheeks and to the surface. It was at first, quiet crying, but it then led off to hardcore sobbing into his hands. He knew he could have lied, that may have been the better direction, since some lies could do good, especially in this case. That was only his thoughts, though. Miu ran inside, worry spread to her gorgeous face. 

"Komaeda!" That, was the first real time she'd used his actual name, instead of Hope-man. That was an example of her true worry. But the white haired boy continued to sob, as she pulled him into a tight hug. She sighed, "C'mon, we're going to go to my house, okay? And we can talk about this." The male was only able to lightly nod, and stand up with her. Tojo came over and said that she insisted in cleaning the place up, and Shuichi offered in helping. 

As for Hinata, he was leaving the mall entirely. He didn't want to stay there. He wasn't particularly frustrated with his childhood best friend, as he wasn't to blame for anything. His life just went downhill, and that was beyond his control. He was more frustrated with the fact that life was unfair. Right when he thought he could have everything, the brunette realized that the childhood Komaeda was an entirely different person from the Komaeda as of now. That was a lot, and it hurt. But even despite that, he was ill. And that was the main cause of the change, at least that was what his assumption was. He felt bad for standing him up, as he actually didn't hate the date and thought it might've gone well, but he needed a bit of time. Although, he probably should have told Komaeda that. 

[a/n: I wanted to be nice for once and *not* go too hard on the angst factor. I know this chapter was messy, I'm kind-of a mess with this book in general. But I do know how I would like the next few chapters to go; maybe just three more chapters are going to finish this off, at least I think?? Hopefully- Anyways I think I made 3 "The Prom" references in this chapter. That's not a lot, but it's a bit odd for one single chapter.]