Bonfire

▪︎︎☆Second Person POV☆▪︎

Everyone gathered around the bonfire after getting metal rods to place a marshmallow on. The parents of the teenagers went inside to chat whilst you and everyone else sat in a chair around the fire, the sweet smell of marshmallows and campfire wafting into the night summer air.

"Could I please have another marshmallow?" Klee looked up at Albedo and he nodded.

"Hold this." Albedo handed Kaeya his stick and went to help Klee get more marshmallows.

"Why is Kaeya still here?" Bennett questioned, scarfing down a s'more.

"I came with Albedo and Klee. Can't go home without a drive." He smiled.

Albedo came back and sat in his chair. "Klee really wanted to stay. We often don't have bonfires, since our family is usually so busy."

You sat on the right of Chongyun, then there was Aether, Venti, Lumine, Xiangling, Razor, Bennett, Hu Tao, Xinyan, Klee, Albedo, Kaeya, and then Xingqiu on your left.

Everyone was chatting with each other, while you stared into the cracking flames of the fire deep in thought. Today you felt a little spaced out. Not knowing exactly why, you chose to ignore it. Maybe it was because every time Chongyun touches you, you completely lose all your senses and its hard to grasp what is actually going on. Nevertheless, you enjoyed today, and you're thrilled to be around your best friends and people you usually wouldn't find yourself hanging around most of the time.

Chongyun poked at your leg with the handle at the end of the stick, bringing you back to reality. You glanced at him and he nodded towards the table with the s'more things on it. Understanding what he meant, you both stood up and walked towards the table. Xingqiu watched you both take marshmallows, gram crackers and chocolate, and come back to the circle around the bonfire. You placed a marshmallow on the metal rod and held it over the fire.

"The fire," Chongyun mumbled, reaching closer to the fire. "It burns. Too hot."

"Don't go so close to it then, silly." You chuckled and pulled his arm back.

"I never really did this before. Mom knows I can't stand the heat, so we never actually had a bonfire before." Chongyun said, eating his marshmallow instead of roasting it first.

You gave him a puzzled look. "Then why are you sitting with us? I know you can't handle anything hot, not that it's a bad thing, but you're next to me, and our friends...near the hot fire."

He gave you a wide smile, something he'd never give to anyone else besides you or Xingqiu. A smile that's contagious. A smile that makes you completely melt, before the fire does. "I'd put up with anything for you."

Your heart thumped against your chest. You grabbed your shirt, making sure your heart doesn't literally fall out of you. A bright pink color rushed to your cheeks, and you turned away, hoping that the darkness of the night will hide how you really feel about your blue-haired friend. Xingqiu glanced at you, and then at Chongyun who was assembling his s'more.

"Psst," Xingqiu leaned to the side towards you. "When are you going to tell him?"

"I am not!" You whispered, sinking down in your chair. "I cannot."

Xingqiu blinked several times at you before he sighed. "You're a hot mess."

"I need a savior." You whined.

"You need a boyfriend."

"Shut up! Don't say that here!"

"I have a hunch it'll happen soon." Xingqiu said, a smug look on his face.

"Your hunches are always wrong." You groan, sitting back up straight.

"Say what you want," he shrugged. "I'm going to tell mom to drive me home."

He stood up, but then you grabbed the end of his shirt. "I'm staying here over night. What if something happens between the two of us." You gestured your head back to Chongyun, who was talking to Aether.

Xingqiu smiled. "You guys are the closest I've seen since we all first met. If anything happens, it will be for the best."

A single drop of sweat ran down the side of your face. "I don't know what you mean!"

"I'll see you guys soon!" Xingqiu said loudly, catching the attention of everybody.

"Wait, you're leaving now?" Chongyun frowned.

Xingqiu nodded. "I have to work tomorrow."

"I wouldn't call it work, necessarily." Hu Tao snickered.

"Ah, also, your mom wants my mom to take you home." Xingqiu smirked.

"Wh-No, no, no."

"Yes, yes, yes."

"Let's go Xingqiu, Hu Tao!" A voice from the deck called.

"Bye Xingqiu and Hu Tao, thanks for coming." Aether said.

"See you, Xingqiu." Chongyun mumbled

Xingqiu patted the top of his head. "Have fun."

"Bye, bookworm." You huffed.

After everyone said goodbye to Xingqiu and Hu Tao, they left. Everyone continued to roast marshmallows, except for Chongyun for reasons, and soon Xinyan, Bennett and Razor had to leave.

"Klee, do you want to go home now?" Albedo asked. Klee shook her head rapidly.

"No! This is fun and yummy!"

"Well we're going to leave in a few minutes, if that's alright with you, Kaeya?" Albedo glanced at Kaeya.

"Of course."

Chongyun's mom came up behind him and patted his shoulder. "I'm going home now. I assume you're staying here for the night?"

Chongyun nodded. "Yes."

"Okay, have fun sweetie." She said before leaving.

You had already got permission to stay here, so the family member that drove you here left after saying goodbye. Xiangling's mom and Venti's mom left too, leaving Lumine and Aether's parents the only parents at the house. Albedo, Klee and Kaeya eventually left after thanking everyone.

The fire was dying out slowly, and most of the s'more ingredients were eaten all up. You and your friends sat in a comfortable silence, watching as the flames dimmed, and the dark night take over.

"...Wanna go inside now?" Aether said after moments of quietness.

Lumine nodded and stood up to put out the fire. Everyone placed their metal rods on the outdoor table before taking off their shoes and heading inside.

(MONA! YOU CAME HOME! WHY! 😩😡)