Ice Cream

༺༻∞Second Person POV∞༺༻
(Y/n)=your name
(e/c)=eye color

"(Y/n)! Go outside! It's so nice today!" Your mother hollered from the kitchen.

You groan. You didn't like how hot this summer has been. It's been well over a month into the summer season, and you have had just about enough of it.

"MOM! It's sooo hot out. Don't kick me outside, please..." You holler back from your bedroom.

"Oh what a surprise! Xingqiu is at the door!" Your mom smiled and opened the front door.

"Hello, Ms. (Last name). Does (Y/n) happen to be around?" The dark navy blue haired boy asks, closing his book.

(a/n: since this is a modern AU just imagine them in modern clothes :D)

"Good morning, Xingqiu! Yes, (Y/n) is just in their room. Come on in." Mom cheerfully grinned.

"Thank you, ma'am." He said, walking to your bedroom and knocking on your half opened door. "Knock, knock, (Y/n)."

"Hey, Xingqiu. Come in." You said, still laying face up to the ceiling on your bed.

"You won't believe it, but I got the book I've been waiting for at the library! It's really good, you should read it sometime." Xingqiu smiles, sitting down on your desks' chair.

You whine. "That's nice, but it won't stop this heat!"

He chuckles, resisting the urge to open his book again. "Yeah, it's pretty hot out. But the shades cool and refreshing. Wanna know what else is refreshing?"

"Sticking my head in an ice cold bucket." You groan.

"No, (Y/n). Ice cream. Duh."

You feel a little cooler just thinking about some. "Bet. Let's go." You state, sitting up.

"Can I use your house phone? I'm gonna call Chongyun to meet us there." Xingqiu said, getting up and walking to your door.

Chongyun...!

"Of course!" You said happily.

Xingqiu leaves your room and heads down the hallway and dials Chongyun's number.

Chongyun picks up.

"Ello?"

"Chongyun, meet at the ice cream place down the road."

"Heck no dude, it's so hot out."

"(Y/n) is coming with. I'm at their house right now."

"'Kay, see you soon!"

"You're so easy to persuade, Chongyun." Xingqiu sighs and hangs up.

"Chongyun's coming?" You ask, walking out from your bedroom.

"Yes. Let's go now." Xingqiu smiles.

"Woo-hoo! Mom, Xingqiu, Chongyun and I are going to get ice cream." You said gleefully, walking down the hall with Xingqiu to meet your mother.

"That sounds like a plan. Go ahead, you need some sunshine. Don't overheat yourselves." She said, handing you both some change, and some extra for Chongyun.

"Thank you miss."

"Thanks mom!"

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ

"THIS SUN IS BLISTERING!" You yell, dragging your feet down the street.

"Stop complaining, (Y/n). It's not as bad as last week." Xingqiu chuckles, reading his book.