Chilling Effects

Disclaimers: Dark themes, police state ideas, mention of spousal abuse (including rape) on and off-screen, death of minor characters, graphic imagery and violence, frank sex discussion, copious bad language, villainising the Weasleys and Dumbledore, liberties taken with mythical history and the HP real-life timeline.

***

"Is it safe to come in here now?"

The door to Harry and Hermione's bedroom clicked shut and Enola leaned back against it a moment. She grinned over at Hermione, who was sat on the bed with her hair and body wrapped in towels, while Sally patiently painted her toenails with a pretty French manicure. Enola thought it suited her.

"Yeah, come on in," Hermione grinned widely. "Sally and I have just been painting the walls, as a surprise for Harry when he gets home from wherever he's gone, and I'm not very good at interior decorating so I've just gotten out of the shower. And now Sally has insisted on painting me! Just be careful of the walls as they are still drying!"

She patted the bed and Enola scooted over to join her. Her eyes were bright, and naughtily inquisitive.

"Well ... we haven't had a chance to have a proper natter about your wedding night!" Enola purred as she sat down. "So ... how was it?"

Hermione blushed and looked down at her elf. Sally flicked her globe-like eyes back up at her

"Oh, you not need to worry, Mistress," said Sally, tapping her head with her one remaining hand. "Sally not listen to your secrets, but keeps them if I hears."

"Okay. Thank you," said Hermione, before turning excitedly back to Enola. "Oh, Ennie ... it was incredible! It was everything I could have possibly dreamed ... and a million times more!"

"You went on for ages, Min!" Enola exclaimed. "I'm surprised you are still alive!"

"You and me both," Hermione grinned. "My breath ... wow. I lost it time and time and time again! If I'd had died, I wouldn't have been sorry. Well, apart from leaving Harry behind, obviously. Oh, En, he was just amazing."

"And you ... everything worked?" asked Enola, pointedly, glancing down.

Hermione nodded enthusiastically. "I was worried ... I tried in the afternoon, you know, like you said to. Couldn't really get anything going down there, but it might have been nerves. But as soon as we got to the Reception I could feel the magic that Harry had finished casting on our bedroom. And then ... and you might not believe this ... he cast magic onto us both before we got started!"

"What? Actually on you? Onto your very bodies?"

"Yep, drew magic directly on to our skin" Hermione grinned. "And when the spells joined together I just exploded! My God, it was mind-blowing! And it wasn't just runes, either ... Harry did little pictorial spells, too. I didn't even know there was such a thing!"

"Me neither!" Enola exclaimed. "Wow. You lucky witch! Do you think he could teach Nev?"

Hermione laughed out loud. "I don't see why not. It's only a series of spells, isn't it?"

"Ask him for me," Enola implored her, eagerly. "I'm sure he'll do anything you ask him to, especially now that you've carpeted him."

"Carpeted?"

"Yeah, you know ... you've laid him, so now you can walk all over him, just like a carpet!"

And both girls fell about laughing.