Chapter 17

Autumn ended and winter came and went on with fuzzy socks, snow and cuddling days with good books and hot cocoa. To say that it was perfect would be an understatement and everyone knew it. But again, also the perfect times in life have to end and so the holidays ended with a squadron of Hydra agents attacking the tower.

As expected, the Avengers ended the attack as fast as it started and the rest of the cold time of the year went by smoothly.

Slowly the cold melted and so did the last walls around the two ex-Hydra servers' hearts. They had been on one another's sides for years and as time went by, they depended more and more on one another. So, it came that March approached and Tony, never missing the chance to celebrate and drink his ass off, decided to celebrate Bucky's 110th birthday with a huge party.

"I don't want to go!" Bucky protested as he was dragged to the mall by his best friend and Sam.

"Too bad that now there is no way back," Steve chuckled as they entered the shop with the extravagant suits.

"But why? It is just a day like every else. Why can't I just sit in my room and watch movies all day?" he pounded.

"Because Tony won't take a no as an answer and also you wouldn't want- Isn't that our Angel?" Sam asked, cutting in his own explanation. All three men turned to watch the women enter the shop across the floor.

"Now, it looks like she is up to driving you crazy with a new dress," Sam commented smirking. Bucky rolled his eyes at this comment but was now highly motivated to get a nice suit for himself.

--- Time Skip ---

Sam gasped as he checked his phone.

"What? Did you get nudes from a fan again?" Winter joked as he stepped out of the changing room.

"No. It's Nat. She is with your girl and let me say: she is more than ravishing." Steve bolded over to his friend to take a look as well but as the brunette wanted to steal a peek he was stopped.

"A-A. No glimpses for our lover boy. You will have to wait till tonight," Sam teased and made the ex-assassin groan.

"Now come on, stand straight and look breathtaking. We want your Angel to be as excited as you are," he smirked and Steve even agreed. Rolling his eyes, James stood straight his metal thumb in his jacket pocket.

----------

Only a few yards further, the girls were trying dresses as Nat's phone rang, signaling a text message. The redhead picked up the device, the 20th black dress clutching to her frame.

"Who is it?" the other woman asked as she walked up to the spy.

"Sam. He, Steve and Buck are out as well," she stated with a smirk on her face while her voice remained completely cold. Who did she do this?

„What does he send?" she asked and placed the dress back on its hanger.

"That you should keep that dress and that Bucky looks like a piece of eye candy and I can only agree," she stated. That caught Angel's attention.

"What do you mean?" she asked and stepped closer to her friend.

"What I mean is that if I was you; I'd eat this man alive and take him the moment I get my hands on him," she stated, causing a blush to creep onto her friend's face.

"Now come on. We have to get you ready," she stated and grabbed the dresses and Angel's arm to hurry back to Avengers Tower.