Chapter 3 - Explanations

Start from the beginning

I looked up to the clock that read 6:45 p.m.

By the time we're done here, Antonio will probably be at Dayroad Park. I can't let him see me.

"Yes, that would be great," I smiled, putting my thoughts aside. I trusted that I could devise a solution.

Our food arrived not too much later. I had ordered baozi and lo mein. Once we were stuffed, the waitress came back and gave us the check.

"I'll pay," the blonde boy insisted.

"Oh you don't have to do that," I said, trying to sound polite.

"It's alright. It is your birthday after all."

I gave him a faint smile as he payed for dinner.

"Thank you for coming in. Have a nice day!" the waitress exclaimed.

I looked at her name tag. "You too, Mei."

I got up from the booth but turned to the opposite direction from the exit. "Excuse me for a moment, I'm going to use the restroom before we leave," I said to the boy.

"Oh, that's fine. I have someone I need to catch up with anyway," he said, signaling to his phone a bit. I nodded and turned towards the bathroom.

He always responds to my messages almost immediately. He must know a lot of people then. Whatever, it isn't any of my business.

I walked into the women's restroom, used the toilet, and looked in the mirror before washing my hands. The next time I looked up, the sapphire necklace that I'd gotten from Antonio appeared around my neck once again.

"What the hell?!?!?" I said rather loudly. I tried to pull the necklace off, but it wouldn't budge this time. "Why won't it come off?" I muttered to myself.

After about five minutes of trying to take the necklace off, and five more minutes just standing there in frustration, I huffed and walked out the door. I gasped when I saw blonde hair immediately after walking out.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you," he said. "Is everything okay? I heard you cursing in there."

"Eavesdropping much, Goldilocks? And everything is fine," I said in a rather annoyed tone. I was pretty frustrated at this point.

"On what, a conversation with yourself?" He asked sarcastically."Goldilocks? That's new... and so is that necklace. You weren't wearing that before, were you?"

"Um... I was. You just didn't notice, I'm assuming."

He hummed in a way that told me he didn't believe me.

"You know, you're really getting on my nerves," I said half-jokingly.

I walked towards the exit, the boy following behind me. I felt a sense of uneasiness in my stomach as we took the path towards Dayroad Park. I took my phone out and checked the time.

7:43. Antonio is probably heading there now if he isn't there already. What do I do? I should've declined the offer, but I would love to know what the hell he was talking about in that letter.