19 | Rewards

I was sitting in my cabin after a long meeting

I was sitting in my cabin after a long meeting. Going through the notes. I was about to get up and hand them over to Nicholas when he walked into my cabin. "Hi?" I smiled. "Get my plane ready for Greece," he said as I looked at him confused. "Huh?" I asked. "Do I need to repeat myself Ms Knigston," he said sitting down.

"I... Um.. okay?" I said opening my laptop. "Also, pack your bags for tomorrow," he said. I looked at him shocked. "What?" I asked. He just gave me a look. "Right, not repeating, but tomorrow?" I asked. It's been a week since dinner. Violet and Xavier were back from the trip. I did go to pick them up but I only picked up Violet. She didn't seem in a great mood so I didn't push it.

I had to find out what was wrong with her. "Is that a problem?" he asked. "Why are we going and for how long?" I asked, grabbing my phone. "Five days, We have meetings on Wednesday, and Thursday, and events on Friday and Saturday. We have meetings again and then on Sunday we will be back," he said, getting up and buttoning his suit. I loved this habit of his, Unbuttoning his suit while sitting down and buttoning it up when getting up.

I nodded. "I will see you tomorrow at your house at 6 am," he said. I nodded and he walked out. I got back to work calling to get the plane ready.

It was 6 pm and I was about to head out early because I needed to shop and get ready. I knocked on his door. "I am heading out, do you need me to do anything else?" "No, but I have some suits that I have to pick up, could you tell my driver about that?" he asked. "I can pick them up for you, I am going shopping anyways," I said. He smirked.

"No," I replied before he could even say anything. He had gotten used to giving me snarky comments or flirty lines and as much as I loved seeing him happy and being himself. Those things he said made me either blush or puke there was no in-between.

"But you haven't heard what I want to say." "Nicholas, I swear to god, I have so much to do, You better have something useful to say." "How about I come with you?" he asked. "As I said, nothing useful!" I said turning around.

"Hey! I am useful!" he said. "Nicholas, if you come with me, I am going to have to make sure you are okay and I have to go get my nails done, I have to buy new clothes, and get an evening gown, then I need to pick up your suits Please don't make this hard for me," I said sighing. "How about we go get all of that done? I will be the chauffeur, you won't have to run around," he smirked. "I don't like where this is going, what is in your mind?" I asked as we walked out.

"And secondly you know walking in New York City is the best thing you could do. Times Square is not that far, I am going to walk so you can go home," I said. "I can walk." I rolled my eyes. "I don't know why you want to come with me, but please don't," I begged. "You are abandoning your best friend."

"Fine!" I said walking out. "Bye Frank, Good night," He smiled at me giving me a playful salute, and his eyes widened as I saw Nicholas looking at him. "Be nice!" I said playful hitting him on the shoulder. I walked down the streets as Nicholas walked beside me. "So where are we going first?" he asked.