14 | Lilies

I felt my hair being played with as soft hands touched my head

I felt my hair being played with as soft hands touched my head. I snuggled closer to the warmth in my hand and closed my eyes tighter going back to sleep.

I woke up after a few minutes when there was a knock at the door. I got up to find my hand still holding Mr Knight's. I immediately left it when the nurse walked in with the food. I looked to find Mr. Knight looking through his phone. Please don't tell me that he knew I was holding onto his hand.

I got up and grabbed my glasses that were on the side table. I didn't put them there, did I? I looked at my phone to find it was 8 am. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked. "You snuggle a lot," He said, not taking his eyes off his phone. I moved my hands through my hair blushing furiously. Where is my rubber band? I looked around on the bed and down on the floor trying to find it, but all in vain.

"Umm, have you brushed your teeth?" I asked. He locked his phone and kept it aside. "You would have to help me up," he said. The wires were taken out when I was asleep I guess. I pushed my chair behind and helped him out of bed by putting my hand around his waist and his free arm around my shoulder.

I got a whiff of his scent. Wow, he smelled amazing. Okay, stop being a stupid teenager, Bella. I helped him into the bathroom and he let go of me. "You'll be fine right?" I asked. "If I don't come out in ten come in," he smirked. "Gross," I said, walking out and closing the door behind me. That idiot could barely walk but his attitude was still the same.

I waited outside the door for a few minutes and he opened up, stumbling a little. I immediately caught him and helped him to the bed. "You know you have a driver right?" I asked, still angry at his condition. "When are you leaving?" he asked, sitting on his bed. I handed him the food. He looked at me and then at the food and then at his hand. I rolled my eyes sitting down and taking the food and putting it in front of his mouth feeding him when the door opened.

"Babe," a very sweet voice said. My hand froze in its place. After he took a bite I dropped my hand as she came and hugged him. He winced and I closed my eyes as if it pained me. I opened them to find him staring at me confused.

"Hi Izzie, thank you so much for taking care of him," she said, pulling the food out of my hands. "Umm.. yeah right, I'll be leaving, I have to go to work," I said, getting up trying not to sound hurt. I pulled my hair in a ponytail only to find no rubber band. I let go of my hair and grabbed my things. The dinner from last night that I was supposed to eat was still sitting on the table. I sighed. I need to eat at a regular time.

I grabbed my stuff and started to walk out. "Ms. Knigston?" he called, making me stop. I turned to look at him. "You don't need to come back tonight, she will be here tonight," he said. I looked at Rebecca and nodded. "Of course," I said.

I walked out only to stumble into the doctor. "Hello Doctor James," I smiled. "Ahh the wife," he laughed. I chuckled. "How are his vitals?" I asked. "Doing very well actually. We will release him tomorrow at noon," he said. "Okay, thank you I will probably be here to sign him out," I said. He nodded and walked in.