I said its over

"Argh! Damon I told you to be careful, I'm really sore" she winced in pain again when Damon brushed past her and clutched her side. Damon scoffed, "and I told you it's your problem, not mine" he shrugged. Taylor had taken enough of his disrespect, she hated being with him, "what happened to us huh? Where's the love? Coz I'm getting really tired of this dame!" She threw her towel on the bed now that she was dressed. Damon turned around with anger in his eyes, "what did you just say?" He slowly walked towards her, "there's no love anymore, you only want one thing and one thing only!" She raised her voice at him. Damon kept walking towards her, "you're right, there is no love. Because I don't love you, you're just good for screwing" he laughed and stood directly in front of her.

Taylor scoffed, "well at least I'm good for something because you certainly aren't" she laughed and walked past him, Damon stopped her in her tracks, "you're quite the comedian" he grabbed her arm. Taylor stumbled backwards and looked down at his hand which was gripping onto her arm, "let go of me" she warned him. Damon huffed, "not until you tell me what you're getting at" he shook his head. Taylor looked up to him, their height difference quite comparable, "it's over" she raised an eyebrow. Damon gripped onto her tighter which made her wince, "what?" He growled as Taylor regained her balance, "I said it's over, we're done" she yanked her arm out of his grip, god his nails are sharp. The pair looked at each other in hatred, "happily" he shrugged. Taylor watched him closely as he started packing his bags, "don't ever come back, you hear me?" She followed him downstairs. Damon didn't even turn around as he left her house, he didn't say anything either.

She slammed the door shut and slid down the back of it, a few tears strolled down her cheek, they weren't tears of sadness though, they were tears of relief. She had felt so trapped for so long so now that she was finally out of it she could be happy. The clock on her wall caught her eye, she had 5 minutes to get to work, she could do that no bother. She gathered herself up and walked into the bedroom to grab her badge and gun before putting on her shoes and jacket then leaving for work, the short drive took a few minutes max and she arrived on time as if nothing happened.

"Hey" rojas waved her up as she strolled past her desk, Taylor smiled, "hey" she nodded and sat down at her desk opposite jays. Jay flashed her a smile, "how you feeling?" He tilted his head. Taylor furrowed her brows in confusion, "me?" She pointed to herself. Jay laughed a little but he was a little concerned, "yeah you. Your side, how's it feeling?" He raised his eyebrows. Taylor laughed in realisation, "oh yeah, that, I'm fine" she smiled. Jay nodded and laughed at her cluelessness before hank walked out and explained today's case.

A few hours later the team were all on a stake out mission, "Watson, Halstead. You got eyes?" Hank spoke into his radio. Jay and Taylor looked around, "yeah Sarge we've got a visual on him" jay replied back as they both spotted their suspect on the move, "snatch him" hank spoke back sharply. The pair didn't wait for another order as hey jumped out of Taylor's truck and quickly approached the man, "Chicago pd, stop where you're going!" jay shouted as the man kept walking. Taylor reached the man first so she stopped him as he caved in a stood still, she patted him down but gasped in pain when she hit his pocket, "ahh" she held her hand.

Jay looked at her in worry, "what's in your pocket?" Taylor looked at him with a warning glare, "uhh..." the man stumbled out. Jay looked at his partner in confusion, "come here" he scoffed at the man and turned him around so he could look in his pocket, "you gotta get to med" jay looked back at Taylor as they both looked down to see a needle full of yellow liquid. Taylor nodded, "you got him?" She looked at jay and began walking backwards, jay nodded, "yeah just go, I'll meet you there or something" he cuffed the man up. Taylor nodded and ran back over to her car before hopping in and quickly driving off.

"Ruzek you're gonna have to drive around, Watsons on her way to med" jay spoke into his radio while holding the detainee against a car while trying to avoid the needle. "Copy that" Adam replied back and began driving around the corner. "What happened? Where is she?" Adam questioned as jay put the offender in the back of the car carefully yet harshly. He then go into the front of the car, "he's high, he has a needle in his pocket. Taylor pricked herself on it" he sighed as Adam started the car. Adam huffed, "god" he shook his head and started driving back to the district.

"When was the last time you had a tetanus shot?" Will rolled her sleeve back down, Taylor smiled, "oh god, I don't know. A year ago maybe? Could even be 2" she huffed. Will nodded, "no problem, I'll have April come in and give you one just in case. I'll be back with your results but I don't think you've contracted anything" he smiled. Taylor nodded, "thanks Will" she smiled as he left, she stood up and walked over to her jacket to retrieve her phone. She pulled up jays number to let him know she would be okay.
Taylor: "hey, wills gonna let me know if I've contracted anything but he said I look clear. You don't have to come to med I should only be half an hour"
Jay: "you sure? I can come get you"
Taylor: "it's fine really, you've got work to be doing"
Jay: "alright, just let me know if anything changes"
Taylor: "I will do"

She smiled and put her phone down on the bed as April slid the door open, how did she get such a good partner? He cares for her so much. "How'd this happen?" April looked at her upper arm as she rolled up her sleeve, Taylor looked down at her arm to see nail marks which had pierced into her skin, thanks a lot Damon, thanks a lot. She shrugged her shoulders, "No clue, probably from chasing bad guys" she laughed and shook it off. April laughed, "I'll clean them up once I've given you the shot" she nodded. Taylor smiled, she felt relieved that she didn't question it any further, "all done, let me clean these up for you" she smiled and pulled out some gauze. Taylor nodded and held her arm out, once April had cleaned up the wounds she unwrapped a bandage packet and wrapped it around her arm, "all done" she smiled and stood up. "Thanks April" Taylor smiled back.

"Hey, you're all clear. The results show no traces of infection. You're free to go" Will smiled as he stood in the doorway. Taylor sighed in relief, "thank god" she laughed a little. Will smiled and handed her the discharge papers, "how's my brother treating you? He being a knuckle head yet?" He watched her sign the papers. Taylor laughed, "he's great, quite the joker isn't he?" She smiled. Will widened his eyes, "oh yeah, definitely" he smiled. Taylor laughed and handed him the forms back, "I'll see you later" she smiled. Will smiled, "you too" he nodded as they parted ways.

As Taylor walked back into the bullpen the unit were sat doing nothing, "I'm all good, no infections here" she joked. The unit laughed and cheered as a joke, she sat down at her desk and noticed jay was a little preoccupied, "you okay?" She smiled at him. Jay looked up, "uh, yeah" he nodded then looked back to his computer screen. Taylor smiled thinking nothing of it. They all got back to work with finishing off paper work before they went home, it was Taylor's first night alone in six months now that Damon was gone and honestly, she loved it. She could do anything she wanted without the silly comments and rude accusations from Damon.