"Yes thank you, just send him through please." I always found it funny when teachers interacted in front of students, they were always so formal when in reality, I bet they were all sleeping with each other. Even the ones who you know are married refer to each other as 'Miss' and 'Sir'.

   You could hear his Uncle Stanley's voice outside of the room; it was a loud, booming sound that commanded attention. It was full of laughter but very deep.

   When he entered the room, he ducked his head at the secretary and thanked her, she just gave him a beaming smile in return and left but you could see why she smiled so wide at him, to her, he would have been handsome. He had to bend his knees to enter through the door he was that tall. He was wearing an expensive looking suit and his arms were bulging underneath them. Who was this guy?

   I gave Jay a pointed look and he just smirked at me. If this was my Uncle, with the expensive looking suits and car I would never shut up about him, so why was Jay so secretive about him? He made Cameron look like the nerds he was that cool.

   "I'm Jay's Uncle Stanley, are you the head teacher here?"

       They shook hands, "Yes, just call me Tom, Tom Branston." He introduced himself and I couldn't stop the smirk from lighting up my face, I knew his first name. It only occurred to me now that I never knew it beforehand. After this, it was just going to be more ammunition to use against him. I mean, sure he was nice to me this afternoon but in general he never was.

   "I'm here to pick up my nephew and his friend," he turned to face me. "You look like you just got punched by Mike Tyson." I laughed but it hurt my stomach so it ended up looking like a wince.

   "He was tag teamed by some older boys," Jay chimed in. "They held him while the other punched him."

   "Well that will not do, I'll patch you up at my house. Are you the one who lives with his grandma and granddad?" I nodded my head, too speechless to speak. It was like I was meeting David Beckham I was that awe struck. "Right well I will get you to them, can you walk?"

   I clambered to my feet, using the chair to pull myself up but I felt like I had to prove myself to him so I stood with my back straight and began to walk slowly to the door. It hurt so badly but I was not going to let him know that. I was not going to get embarrassed again and I felt this need in me that said I had to prove myself even more to this guy.

   I did not know what would have happened if I was not tag teamed, I would have liked to have thought that I would've kicked his ass. I was literally throwing punch after punch at him and nobody was going to stop me – or it felt like it at first.

   It did give me some confidence but then I can't help but think that I should have thrown them off, if I tried harder I could have done, or at least given it a good try but it was like I just gave up when I was dragged backwards.

   Stanley watched me walk, "I will take that as a yes then." He smirked. "Okay, thank you for looking after the boys, I will take it from here."

   Mr Branston said goodbye but I was already out of the room by that point. There was nobody else in the reception so I carefully opened the heavy, glass doors and hurried to the wall outside while I waited for them to come so I could sit down for a few minutes.

   I searched the car park but Stanley's car stood out like a model stood between some old grannies. It was a dark blue, Subaru, four doors and blacked out windows. I had seen it advertised on television, they had only been out a few months but they were expensive. It just looked ace; everything about it just shouted out that his Uncle Stanley had money – and lots of it.