You needed to give her a daily reminder that you continuously, without fail, remember and appreciate everything she does for you and your dad. You would have to figure out something to do for dad as well though.

When you reached the entrance to Shiganshina you noticed that you had caught up with Eren and Mikasa, despite them leaving way before you did. They were talking to Hannes. Judging by the state of him he was drunk, as per usual. You giggled quietly, careful to not draw any attention your way. Hannes is a good friend of your dad, so you have met him countless times, each time being funnier and more bizarre than the other. He was a weird man, but a good one. That being said, he should really stop with all the drinking. What if titans managed to breach the wall? How can they protect everyone if they can barely stand up right by themselves.?

You saw Eren stomping away from Hannes, Mikasa following him like a shadow. 

"Aaah, Y/N!", Hannes exclaimed noticing you in the shadow of the entrance.

"Hey Hannes", you smiled at him closing the distance between the two of you.

"How is your family Y/N?", Hannes asked. "I haven't gotten the chance to see them in a while. The busy life of a Garrison soldier, ya know". He looked at you with crooked eyes and a slight red tint on his cheeks.

'Probably from all the alcohol'

"Yeah, sure you are", you laugh as you look over at the drunk soldiers playing cards. "My family is doing fine. Working hard as always".

The sun was starting to set, reminding you that you should continue on your merry way to find your parents.

"I should go meet up with them now Hannes, I'll see you around", you said giving him a slight wave, already making your way towards the city centre.

"Sure thing Y/N, send my regards to your parents when you see them, tell your father I'll stop by soon", he replied. "It's been way to long since I've seen that bastard", he added with a laugh, that comment mostly meant for his own ears only.

You smiled and looked down at the flower in your hands. It looked like it was in desperate need of some water, so you figured you should quicken the pace. Your walk turned into a fast jog as you made your way through the crowded town. You could see your house in the distance.

'Just a little further Y/N'

*BOOM*

You felt your feet leave the ground as the sudden shake sent your body plunging forwards. You lifted your gaze to find the flower laying on the ground in front of you. You reached for it and quickly grabbed it, all while slowly hoisting yourself up from the ground. Your light blue dress was covered in dirt and your grey cardigan was ripped where your wrists had hit the ground.

'What just happened? We have never really had that many earthquakes, and this was way different than the ones we have had before...'

People around you started grouping together, some whispering, others completely silent. However, they all shared the same horrified expression. You look in the direction their terrified gazes were facing.

'No way'

It was bigger than you had ever imagined. You have been told that the titans were tall but not in your wildest dreams did you ever picture anything like what you were looking at right now.

"That's impossible...", you hear a well-known voice say quietly. You look over to your left and see Armin, Eren and Mikasa, looking just as terrified as the rest of the people in the town square.

"That wall is 50 metres high!", he continued.

It's head slowly appeared from behind the wall. It was a chilling sight. No one could manage so much as to move a single muscle, although everything in you screamed and begged for you to turn around and flee the scene.

*BOOM*

Flying debris from the wall as well as the buildings closest to it came flying through the air. You  watched in horror as the debris crushed people around you as they made inpact with the ground.

'It.. It k-kicked the wall? '

______________________________________________________________

A/N:

(I changed perspectives from "I" to "You" after i published this, so if you read any sentences with the previous perspectiv i have most likely overlooked it in editing).

So that was it for my first chapter!:) I hope you guys enjoyed it! I have the next chapter already started and almost ready, so keep an eye out for that.

I don't really know how long every chapter will be, it depends on the content of the chapter's, but i will do my best to have a the chapters be a good lenght. The most important thing is that the chapters are well written after all tho:)

I'll update the chapters as often as i can, some may take a bit longer to write though, so i don't think i am going to promise you guys a specifik numer of chapters a week. However, i can promise that i won't disappear for months without updating.- At least not without a warning;) So no need to worry. 

As mentioned, i have a lot planned for future chapters that i am so excited to write, so i hope you enjoyed this first chapter an choose to continue reading.

Have a wonderful day!

~Jen