First Year // Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"I know, Harry. But if you don't, it'll only kill us faster!"

"Kill us faster?!? Oh, now I can relax!" Ron yelped out. I sighed as I made eye contact with Hermione again. She took a deep breath, and we slowly both sank. As we disappeared underneath the Snare, they yelled.

"JUST RELAX!" Hermione shouted up. I brushed off her clothes as she turned to do mine, Harry fell down to join us. As Harry hit the ground I heard Ron scream and start fighting against the Snare more. Hermione and Harry turned to me. I sighed and yelled up at Ron.

"Ron! QUIT MOVING! JUST RELAX!" He didn't listen and kept thrashing. I shook my head and raised my hands. "Alright, what's that poem we learned about the Snare, Mione?"

"Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare, it's deadly fun -" She started.

"-but will sulk in the sun!" We finished together. 

"That's it! The Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" I shouted. Hermione and I pulled out our wands and raised them above us.

"Lumos Solem!" We spoke in unison.

Two bright lights erupted from our wands and made Ron fall through to the ground. He landed on the floor hard and Harry helped him up as we pocketed our wands. Ron brushed off his pants and spoke.

"Phew. Lucky we didn't panic." I calmly walked over to him and slapped him on the back of the head. Before I could tell him anything, Harry spoke up.

"Lucky that Lori and Hermione pay attention in Herbology." I smiled at Harry and gave Ron another slap.

"Next time, LISTEN!" I walked over to Hermione and we continued on our journey. As we walked we started hearing strange noises. 

"What is that?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know ..." Harry replied.

"It sounds like wings," I said as we approached a door. Harry nodded as he reached out for the handle. As we walked in we all looked up and saw things flying around in the air. 

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these..." Hermione said as we got deeper into the room.

"They're not birds..." Harry said taking a closer look. "They're keys." 

"Keys?" I said. "That's - you know what never mind. We have seen enough that this shouldn't be a big shock." I said jokingly. Ron rolled his eyes, while Hermione smirked. 

Harry, Ron, and Hermione discussed what to do while I wandered around the room and watched as Harry mounted the broom and all the keys flew to attack him except the old one needed for opening the door. As he flew around the room, Ron and Hermione joined me by the door.

When they did Harry had caught the key and tossed it down to us. Hermione acted quickly and unlocked the door. We three filed into the room as Harry dived towards the door. 

"Shut it! Now!" He shouted as he flew through the door. Ron and I shoved the door shut seconds before keys smashed against the door. As they did, Ron, covered my ears. The sound was almost deafening.

"Thanks," I said to Ron. 

"Yeah. No problem." He replied uncovering my ears and walking up to join Hermione. 

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all." She said. I grabbed her hand and sent her a reassuring smile. 

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry said as we stepped out. As we moved forward torches around the room flared up to reveal a humongous room. 

"This is no graveyard," I spoke as we all looked forward. 

"This is a chessboard." Ron finished. I let out a small chuckle as Harry raised his hand and pointed towards the opposite side of the room.