twenty-seven >>> ritual battle : part I

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" Roan whispers through his teeth.

"Fighting for my people," I respond back keeping my eyes on Gaia.

"A battle to the death within the walls of Polis. These warriors will fight until only one remains. When that warrior collects all the sigils from the fallen and delivers them to me, they will be declared the victor. This final champion alone will tell us which clan is meant to susrvive in the crypt of Bekka Pramheda, and which clans are meant to perish in Praimfaya," Gaia pauses looking around. "Oso koma those chon fall by sword ba mafta op  Won chon wields em best (We honor those who fall by the sword but follow the One who wields it best)."

"Dei de would na Ai (That would be me)," a voice shouted through the crowd after Gaia finished. Everyone's head snapped toward the voice. There my eyes grow wide seeing Luna coming through the crowd of people. She quickly makes her way up the stairs onto the platform all the clans stand and Gaia stands. "I'm Luna Kom Flokru and I'm the last of my clan."

"We know who you are--the natblida who ran from her conclave," Gaia spoke looking to the girl.

"I'm not running from this one," Luna spoke back. A hesitation was held by Gaia before she turned to the guy standing beside her. She nods briefly as he hands her a necklace.

"Accept this sigil, Luna kom Flokru, but with your clan gone, who will you fight for?" Gaia questions as Luna takes the necklace turning toward the crowd.

"I fight for no one. I fight for death," Luna announces causing my eyes to go wide a bit. I look out to the crowd finding Clarke, Kane, Bellamy and Octavia looking at Luna. I bite my lip and look back to Luna as a smirk inches to her lips. "When I win, no one will be saved."

Shocks and gasps escape into the crowd. I look away and lick my lips before pulling them in biting on my bottom one. I glance to the ground before we're all gathered and taking somewhere for a brief time. I stand alone as most of us do putting war paint on my face. After I do that I play around with a sword looking to everyone who prepares and that's when I catch Luna grabbing a spear. Our eyes lock briefly and she looks to me almost coldly before nodding. I nod back slightly and glance to Indra who comes walking my way. I tear my eyes from her and down to the sword in my hand beginning to sharpen it when I feel her beside me. Before any words are spoken I feel the warrior pick up my head making me look to her.

"Your war paint resembles of the commander's," Indra says. I pull my eyes away and back to my sword. "Don't fight with aggression. Don't reveal your next move before you strike."

"And I never leave myself exposed," I say picking up my head looking to the warrior. "I remember from my trainings."

"It's okay to be afraid."

I shake my head glancing away from her eyes a moment. "I'm not." I look back up and meet her eyes.

"Gaia would never accept this..." Indra's voice trails off as she pulls out a sword. My lips separate, my eyes widen a bit feeling myself a bit shocked looking at the sword. "But I hope that you will."

"Why are you helping me? I thought you hated me," I say analyzing the warriors worried like face. The warrior shakes her head from side to side.

"Yu are Ai kru (You are my people)," Indra whispers as I bite my lip. "I know you'll do right by your people and everyone's." I tilt my head to the side before looking down to the sword and taking it into my hands. I take a hold of it as Indra holds out her arm. I pick up my head and lock our eyes once more. I grab a hold of her arm and she pulls me forward. "The commander can't see you, she wanted me to tell you to fight for who you will. She believes in you as do I."

I clench my jaw as Indra pulls away. I look to the woman's eyes as she nods causing me to nod back. She lets go of my arm and turns on her heels heading to get out of the place where we all the people who fight for our clans work. I watch her as she leaves and once she's out of sight I look down and to the sword. A low sigh escapes my lips as I place it away. I move spots feeling the nerves burn inside of me. That's when I see Kane, Bellamy and Octavia come in.

"Alright, listen to me. The blue cliff warrior, she has two corvo blades. I just saw her practicing. She's left-handed. You go for her weak hand," Kane tells me and I nod my head looking at the people training. "Plains rider and the warrior from shallow valley, they're strong, but they're slow. You can avoid them, not to mention the black rain, which could fall at any moment, so you stay close to cover."

"Bellamy why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, cutting Kane off taking in all his words. Bellamy flinches and shakes his head. "Say it. Just tell me what's on your mind, I'm sure it's what Clarke and Lexa thought before too."

"You don't need any of this. When the starting horn blows, just stay out of sight and let the others thin out the competition," Bellamy tells me placing one hand on his hip. I tilt my head squinting my eyes.

"So you want me to hide?" I ask.

"You don't have to go up against the strongest from every clan minus Trikru," Bellamy informs me. I stare at him taking into realization what he was saying.

"I get that but I came to fight-"

"Bell's right Y/N," Octavia says cutting me off. My eyes flick to her quickly. "You knew how to hide and go unseen, unknown. Use that to your advantage."

"You don't have to kill all 12 warriors," Kane chimes in causing me to nod and to look at all three of them.

"Just the last one," I whisper, seeing all their heads nod at me.

"Ambassadors and advisors, to the tower. Champions, to your flags," a flame keeper scout spoke up. Kane nodded at me and I nod back as he leaves leaving me with the Blake siblings. They look at me and I tilt my head.

"May we meet again," I whisper looking between the two.

"We will," they both say stepping forward and wrapping their arms around me. I close my eyes feeling an embrace from both of them. We stand there a second before we break apart and they head off leaving me to go fight for all of them. Another low sigh escapes my lips as I follow the crowd, trying to keep my mind at bay as many of dark thoughts begin filling it...