Chapter 35

Draco had refused to leave Harry's side the whole day. Not that Harry was complaining, but he still felt guilty for taking up all of Draco's time. When mentioning this, Draco scoffed at him and replied that if Harry was so worried he could make a whole batch of the potion himself. That shut him up immediately.

"Honestly Harry, if you're so worried about it I'll teach you tomorrow. You should be resting."

"I should be doing a lot of things."

Draco's retort was silenced as something flew into the window.

"Pig?"

"No Harry that's an owl", Draco said slowly, reaching over to feel his head.

"No you idiot that's the owl's name. It belongs... to Ginny actually."

Getting up, Harry grabbed the letter, telling the owl to await a response. Draco watched as a wave of emotions crossed Harry's face.

"Is everything okay darling?"

He crossed the room to join Harry by the window.

"It's just a letter from Hermione. And Ron I suppose. I think Neville gave them an earful, she's finally realized she missed Halloween I reckon."

"I find it strange that she of all people would have lost track of the days with how organized she typically is."

Harry just shrugged it off.

"They'll be stopping by tomorrow, and they're bringing dinner."

"If Weasley thinks he's getting any of my desserts he's strongly mistaken."

Harry just snorted in response.

"C'mon Dray, let's go do something before I lose my mind."

Draco painted both of their nails as the first design was now chipped and cracked, quite resembling their current relationship, and they sat cuddled up under the gazebo with a blanket, enjoying the remainder of the storm.

Harry stared off into the distance as Draco sketched the scene in front of him. It was the kind of day the men needed. No words needed to be exchanged, just being in the other's company was enough.

The sense of longing for the tranquility Harry felt when Hermione and Ron showed up the next day was unmatched. Even Draco flinched at the energy Hermione was exhibiting. She was practically sobbing as she hugged Harry so tightly he thought his ribs would be cracked.

"Hermione, I'm fine, relax."

"Oh Harry! I'm so sorry", she wailed.

Harry looked to Draco for help, but he caught him slinking away to his potions room, in fear that he would be next. Hermione had the grip of a python.

They caught up, and Hermione only burst into tears two times. The second had been through anger at how "completely and utterly stupid" Draco and Harry had acted towards each other. He decided not to bring up that the three of them had also gone through something similar and that was the whole point of the visit.

Ron discussed how Auror training was going, Hermione her Ministry work, and Harry what he was allowed to share about his missions with Arthur.

Hermione had cornered Draco before dinner as Ron and Harry were catching up, and he came to the table looking more pale than usual.

"Are you alright Dray?"

"Yes I'm fine."

He wouldn't look at Hermione the whole dinner. With a promise to visit The Burrow next week for another family dinner, Ron and Hermione were off.