Can We Be Friends?

The next day was a total bombshell for Linda. When she got home the other day, she told Miss Greene all that Ken did. Miss Greene couldn't be more disappointed in Ken.
Even if he cheated, why did it have to be with his snobby, abnormally quiet assistant....eww. She couldn't stop crying, even when Miss Greene had comforted her, so she slept off on the couch till morning.

She wasn't woken up by the beautiful sun rays this time but by a repetitive and yet so annoying knock on her door. She groaned as she weakly stood up and walked to her door. Her feet were aching because after leaving her car (or as Ken had said earlier ‘the one he bought’ which she now left as his car) she had to take a taxi back home and when she reached her town's gate, she had to walk a whole lot of miles to get to her house.

After what Ken said about buying her
'what every woman in the world would want' she decided to give Ken back his property and one of them was his money. She transferred the money that Ken sent to her a week ago, which she hadn't touched.

She opened the door and she hissed when the sun rays hit her eyes. She saw the supposed visitor that woke her up. It was Ken.
"You're not here to beg are you? Because we both know that your efforts are worthless"

"Linda, I don't know what to say but please give me a second chance. I swear I'll give you the respect you deserve. I regret all that I said last night. It was just the need of sexual pleasures that mislead me. Please forgive me"

"Sexual pleasures huh? Fine Ken what if you cheated? You did and the deed is done but why....just why did it have to be Maddie? Of all people?!" She said.

"Linda just forget about the past. Let's just start all over-"

"Well guess what? I'm not ready to freely and stupidly give my virginity to a multi time millionaire just for money and fame. I'm not that type of girl. I'm NOT!"

"Besides what kind of girl will I be if I'm dating you just for your money? That will make me feel nothing less of a slut. Besides I'm going to prove that I'm independent without you or anybody else. I've been alone most of my life and that action you pulled yesterday, doesn't surprise me." Linda added.

"Linda if you-"

"If I don't what?" She said angrily getting all up in his face in her Valentine dress (which she was still wearing) waving side to side.

"I don't care what you do." She continued "If you like, take everything you've ever bought for me. Material things don't move me. Besides, I'm not taking your silver engagement ring and your SUV car to my grave"

"Now you better leave my house before I commit a sin." She said. About to close the door but Ken pushed it open.

He was angry now, "is that how you want to play this? Fine! You're nothing but an ungrateful brat!" He said as he pushed her to the side and made it to her room upstairs. Linda went after him. He pulled of his suit, spreading it on the ground next to him and opened Linda's bedside drawer. With a full hand, he packed all the jewelry: necklaces, bangles, rings, name it!; and dumped it on his suit.
He attempted to use his suit as a sack to take her jewelry.

Linda kept trying to pull him off but Ken resisted, having the advantage of more manpower. Ken eventually got tired, turned around and slapped Linda across the face-hard.

Linda fell to the ground, shocked. Her eyes were as big as saucers.
"Ken! That's Enough!"

They both looked at the cook and oldest of the house, Miss Greene, who was very angry at Ken's action. Miss Greene walked into the room and gave Ken a dirty slap to the face.
"You spoilt child! How could you slap a woman!? Do you have any gentleman manners at all??!"