𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

After a second, she averted her eyes back to Renjun. The boy was looking at her and she softly smiled at him. "You don't have to tell me. It's really okay. I can see you're not, though, but no pressure."

"I just want to be there for you. You're my best friend in this place and not being able to help you, makes me feel like a bad friend." She said looking down at her hands.

Her words made Renjun tear up. He felt bad for making her feel that way and before he could prevent it, tears started rolling down his face. "I was going to tell Minju how I feel about her." He started, but paused for a few seconds. "I guess, I was too late." He laughed bitterly as more tears fell from his eyes.

The girl quietly listened to him, feeling sadder with each word. "I don't have the right to cry." He said, feeling stupid for even crying over her in the first place. "I knew she wouldn't feel the same way. Please, I didn't even realize I liked her until a few weeks ago. She deserves better than that."

Nari reached out and slowly wiped his tears away with her sleeve. "Stop talking like that. You didn't deserve that, nobody does." She said, tone gentle like always. "I honestly thought she liked you too, but I guess all of us were wrong." She smiled, despite the guilt eating her up inside.

"But Renjun, you're an amazing person. You're kindhearted, caring and loving. I've seen the way you treat her and even if she may not have noticed, you were always there for her. Just like how you've always been there for me since day one. Without you, I'd probably be so lost right now and I wouldn't have met everyone else." The girl took his hand and placed their folded hands in her lap.

"I don't really know how it feels, but I don't want you to cry, okay? It may hurt for the moment, but in a few weeks you'd have forgotten all about it. Just remember it's not your fault." Nari stopped talking and a silence fell over them.

Renjun tried to fully take in her words, eyes never leaving hers. She remained smiling at him, hoping that her words could help him. To Renjun however the words made him feel so much better and he kept staring right at the bright, once purple haired girl. He took in the way her hair slightly fell over her eyes and how her gummy smile perfectly matched her face.

A whirlwind of thoughts went through the boy's head. He felt hundreds of emotions running through his body, but somehow the girl's smile made him feel less frustrated.

Her smile filled him with a sense of serenity.

Caught in the moment, Renjun leaned forward pressing his lips against hers. Nari was completely caught off guard by his action, but to Renjun's surprise, she reciprocated. Removing his hand out of her grip, he cupped her face. Her own went up to his neck, gripping onto him. His other hand traveled down the side of her body until it rested on her waist, never detaching their lips as he pulled her closer to him.

Nari felt dizzy kissing the boy back. She wasn't even sure why she allowed him to kiss her, but nonetheless did it. The kiss was getting heated, but none of them seemed to care.

Her mind was all over the place, constantly being occupied by millions of things. It wasn't until a certain name flashed through her head, that she realized what she was doing.

Her eyes shot open and she immediately pulled away. By now she was on top of Renjun and her hands were tangled in his hair. "Shit." She voiced her thoughts. "Shit, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to..." She tried to explain. She was freaking out and in the process started crying too.

"I should be apologizing, I was out of line for that." Renjun defended her, head down in shame. "Fuck, I knew Hyuck likes you. Why the fuck did I do that." He breathed out, running his hand through his hair.

He finally looked up at Nari, who was pacing up and down the room, crying. "Nari, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" The girl stopped him and waved her hand dismissively.

"It's not your fault. You were emotional and drunk. It happens. I'm the one who doesn't have an excuse. You're my best friend. I shouldn't have done that." She said, in disbelief of her own stupidity.

Renjun eyed her from where he was sat. He watched as she continued to break down, ultimately walking to her and hugging her crying figure. "You did nothing wrong, Ri." He said, trying to calm her down. He slowly ran his hand over her hair.

"Just promise me, you won't tell anyone. Especially not Donghyuck. Please?" She pleaded, her head buried on his chest.

Renjun tensed up at the mention of his best friend. He nodded his head, hoping that now the girl would stop crying, while he knew that he'd have to live with the guilt.

man, don't hate me

man, don't hate me. but also, gang gang?