(Saga 2) Chapter 5: Feather

Start from the beginning

Robin: Maybe nothing. But I found it a little odd that every one of them owned toys made here.

Batman: You could have shared the information a little sooner.

Knightcrawler: That's one way to respond.

Robin: An alternate response might be, "Good work, Robin." But I guess I expect too much.

Batman: I'm still a mile due to some inconvenience. F/N where are you?

Knightcrawler: Less than a mile, Damian don't do anything stupid until I get there.

Robin: Word of honor, I won't do anything.

Knightcrawler scoffs and puts more speed to the motorcycle, as he does a wheelie and goes faster as he checks on his crime reports to see if he has to keep working after this.

Knightcrawler: Nada... well at least I get to sleep.

Knightcrawler saw from the distance the Schott's Toy Store and accelerated up as much as he could just to get off the motorcycle while going almost at 200 mph and jumps just to grapple to the roof and when he got there. He was sent flying and lands doing a front flip. He walks silently on the roof, until he hears a voice from inside the building. He puts his fingers in the roof and manages to hear it more clear. He hears a voice and uses x ray vision, as he sees Robin looking at a buffed big guy. Knightcrawler frowns until he looks up and sees Batman. He looks down again but also sees a bunch of kids jailed but he saw more kids but very different... experimented.

Knightcrawler: *to Batman* Anton is here... and when I say he has done something horrifying, I mean it.

Batman: What is it?

Knightcrawler: Kids... Anton has experimented on them, making them slaves, monsters, they're still a few left, your assistance would be extremely good right now.

Batman jumps from the batwing exploding the roof Knightcrawler was and the two land by Robin's side.

Robin: I can take care of myself.

Batman: An alternate might be "Thanks Batman." But I guess I expect too much.

One of Schott's experimented boys shoots a flamethrower as Knightcrawler dodges it and throws a batarang exploding it. He stands up with one kid coming from behind which he grabs and throws it to the ground, dodges another and kicks another. He looks backs and throws another to Batman who moves out of the way, hitting another kid. Batman sees Robin run away after Schott as he gets a bit frustrated.

Batman: Robin, no!

Knightcrawler: Forget it! Let's help the kids.

Batman grabs something from his belt and puts a mask in his mouth and throws it to the ground. The kid launched themselves at both vigilantes... but seconds later, the kids are shown to be sleeping in some way. Knightcrawler runs to one of the cells and shows a hidden from his hand and breaks the locks in one swing. He opens the cell with the kids who were kidnapped, as he breaths normally.

Knightcrawler: Everything will be ok... you can come out... *extends his hand* no one will hurt you anymore, I promise.

Later he gets tackled by two kids who cried in his chest, as he caressed their back head hugging them tighter in a protective way.

Knightcrawler: Everything will be ok... I promise.

Batman opens the other locks with also kids around or behind him.

Knightcrawler: What now? We can't leave them here alone.

Batman: You wait for the cops, I'll get Robin.

Batman runs away, as Knightcrawler gets tackled by more kids.

Knightcrawler: Baby sitting... I wasn't trained for that. *manages to sit and with his legs crossed* Soooooooo do any of you want to sit on my lap or something?

The kids just stay hugging Knightcrawler who has problems breathing a little but manages to hug most of them. He hears the sirens and stands up.

Knightcrawler: Ok everyone get right by my side, the coos are here to take you all to your parents.

The kids walk by Knightcrawler's side while two or three hugged each hand as Knightcrawler didn't show a sign of disturbance but was kindly letting the kids hug his hand as much as they like. He walked outside as he saw Commissioner Gordon.

Knightcrawler: Gordon! Took you a while to arrive.

Gordon: Trafiic. *sees the kids* Are those the missing kids?

Knightcrawler: Yeah... a few weren't so lucky, there are the only ones left.

Gordon: Jesus... ok let's get you all to mommy and daddy.

The kids hesitate but Knightcrawler reassured Gordon won't hurt him. They followed him but a girl still stayed behind him. He knelt and pats her head.

Knightcrawler: Hey. *the girl looks still in shock* Don't be afraid, be strong, ok? This was just a bad experience, but that won't stop you from moving forward.

Girl: Can I... be like you? Someday?

Knightcrawler: No... you can be better than me, and you will... whatever you choose is already a better than this job I have. You can trust on Gordon... he's a good man... ok?

The girl nods, as Knightcrawler gets something from his back and was a Knightcrawler plushie. He gives it to the girl which she hugs it.

Knightcrawler: Somehow I became so famous that I even have a merchandise. *points at it* This plushie won't leave your side... ok?

The girl nods and walks with Gordon which he nods and Knightcrawler nods back and runs back inside. He manages to arrive in a snow forest just to see Batman standing with a feather in his hands. He looks in front of him and sees Schott's body with a hole where his heart is... or was. He looked at it and later at Batman.

Knightcrawler: What happened?

Batman doesn't answer and walks away leaving Knightcrawler by the body which he looks at it. He also looks to a batarang but didn't have blood but he did see trails of blood in the snow and in a tree with in another direction, small footsteps that could be from Robin.

Knightcrawler: What happened here?

The scene cuts ending the first chapter of Saga 2.

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter, sorry for the long wait but the chapter is here and many more to come.