"Clary," Wyn drops his papers and seizes her shoulders, forcing her to stop and face him, "Calm down." 

She nods, closing her eyes, and concentrating on her breathing. In control, she pushes away the fear and hysteria and focuses her mind. She opens her eyes, a plan forming, and spins around to face Chuck. 

"Where's John?" 

"He's gone to Whitechapel," 

"Find him and send him and his men to Chichley Street as quickly as you can. Gather a spare few men from The Strand and send them there too, I will meet you there, but do not abandon the patrols, and leave a few guards to protect the people," She turns to Simon. The boy snaps to attention, ready for his instructions, "Find Iwan and send him to find George, tell them both to come to Chichley Street immediately. Then, I need you to find Jack. If you can't find him, come to Chichley as well. Am I clear?" 

"At once," Chuck says, and Simon nods. They set off running in opposite directions. 

"Alright," Clarissa murmers to herself, "I can do this," She turns to face Wyn, "I need to go but we can revisit this conversation later," 

Wyn nods, picking up his work and stepping back into the house, "Don't worry, go do what you've got to do," 

She smiles gratefully, then she picks up her skirts and starts to run. She runs as fast as she can, tearing down the street and joining a busier main road. Alarmed looks are thrown her way as she weaves in and out of the crowds, darting around families and skirting around stalls. Her feet pounding on the pavement and the ringing in her ear is all she can hear, her fear gripping at her mind. She crosses the bridge over the river and is almost knocked down by a horse and cart as she reaches the other side. The driver waves his fist at her, his yells following her down the next street. 

It takes her less than 15 minutes to arrive at Chichley Street and when she does, it is bustling with activity with many people walking the cobbles and chattering together. She frantically searches for any sign of Daniel or Peter, walking up and down the road, but after her third case of the shops and houses, she is forced to admit that there are no clues here to their whereabouts. 

She totters around in a daze, unsure what to do next and completely oblivious to her surroundings. She crashes into a family coming out of a bakery and quickly apologises, backing away. They look at her in surprise, taking in her expensive black gown, messy hair and pale face, the parents swapping unsettled looks. She spins away and a child races past her, almost tripping her up. She backs away, out of the busy pavement  and leans against the wall of a bank, feeling hopeless and alone.

Daniel and Peter are missing, they are nowhere to be found, hidden within the many alleys, sewers and crevasses of London. This day has quickly turned sour as people who go missing in this city receive one of three fates; they are found floating in The Thames, their organs are stolen, or they take a pistol to the head. If someone doesn't want someone to be found, then they won't be found, such is the criminal underworld. Clarissa shakes her head, dragging her thoughts from the dark. She only has to find two of the most feared and wanted men in a population of over one million. How hard can it be? 

A hand sizes her wrist and yanks her into the alley behind the bank. She immediately reaches for one of her knives but she doesn't strike when she recognises the sandy blonde hair. She drops it and throws her arms around the other Cavendish brother. 

"George!" 

 He catches her and holds her close, spinning on the spot. 

"Thank goodness you are here," She cries, squeezing him tightly.