27. Lila

A/N: short or long chapters?
____________________________________

Marinette's POV

I snuck back into my room in order to avoid my parents who still didn't know that I had returned to town. I was glad though, I didn't feel like facing them anyway.

I wanted to throw a tantrum and talk to Tikki about how childish Adrien was, but decided against it when I remembered that my parents would probably be able to hear me.

I rolled my eyes, getting up to my bed and beginning to take a good nights rest. Since I had so many problems as Ladybug, it would be needed.

***
I felt the bed dip beside me, then two hands fold around me, encasing me in a tight hug. The person next to me didn't say anything, so I automatically assumed that it couldn't have been my parents.

"Adrien?" I asked out loud, receiving a small purr from my side. I kept my eyes closed to savor the warmth he provided.

"Your right, I acted rational, I don't want a small fight to come between us." His warm breath brushed the side of my ear, causing me to shudder.

I sighed before a realization popped into my head, "there has to be another reason, you could've talked to me tomorrow."

"Well... promise you won't freak out, and promise you won't leave me in this room alone, no matter what." I turned towards him, noticing that his eyes were a bright blaring green. I didn't notice he was in his Chat noir form until I felt and saw the leather that encased me. "Are you made at me?" He asked.

"You know, I can see your avoiding the topic, so just tell me what it is." I commented.

"Are you made at me?" He repeated.

"Well I was a little mad, but I've filled down." I took a breath, "Are you mad at me?" I asked.

He placed a soft, tender kiss on the top of my forehead before saying, "I'm not mad at you. I was just mad at myself." He said.

"I'm sensing that's not all."

He took a deep breath before placing another kiss on my forehead. "I'm going to say everything quickly, so just... don't say anything in between, or it'll distract me, okay?"

I nodded my head slowly, wondering what he was going to talk to me about. "Bunnix..."

***
My mouth was left a gape after he had told me the whole story, and now, I felt as if I couldn't sleep. Adrien had told me that he knew of Chat blanc, and that he had to do something similar just yesterday. He told me how the world was practically ruined, just like when he was Chat blanc.

He kept repeating the phrase, "our love", which often caused a few triggering moments for tears to build up. I was glad he told me this, but I needed to know why he did?

I wanted to keep my issues with Chat blanc hidden away, buried in the past to not let them resurf. Because the memories that came with them were torturous. Adrien seemed open about the story, causing my eyes to water even more. It felt like he had been through so much more then I had, but he didn't seemed fazed.

"Do you know... do you know how you died?" I asked, referring to the story about my akumatization.

"No, I don't know how I died." He whispered. I felt my hand involuntary clutch onto his leather suit, and I pulled myself closer to him. "Do you know how you died?"

"I have no idea." I whispered back. I threw out a half lie so Adrien wouldn't be worried. I think if he knew that his power somehow killed me, he would be afraid to use it.