The second choice looked more appealing. And so he did it, then he returned to Anderson to work.

• • •

Standing right at the center of the room he observed empty, white walls of a small apartment. Arranging this place didn't seem like problematic thing to do but even though, he was lost in choosing designs he could interpret himself. What would the android need? There should be a stack of thorium in the kitchen for sure. Some pictures of Sumo? Of friends? Something that'd make the place look less empty.

Before buying this apartment, he had many ideas, he sat with Niles for hours after work – in Jericho or at Hank's – talking what he could do with the vacant space. Now, being there and seeing the flat in person, all his ideas appeared to be too good to pick one of them and hold on to this one specific theme.

He couldn't believe he eventually got his own place and buying furniture, adding something from heart would allow him to be happy with it for long. He wasn't going to resign from visiting Hank, that sure was not a part of it. He became too attached to him to let go of his company for his own space. Connor's comfort was equal to being around friends, he couldn't sit alone in one place, he had to constantly move or be between people he cared about, otherwise there was no sense in his actions.

He was sure he needed aquarium. It was the biggest priority right after the fridge for thirium and thirium-based drinks. He'd collect catfishes, guppies, algae eaters, assassin snails, he couldn't wait for his fish friends already.

He smiled to himself, looking around the small space that was supposed to be a bedroom.

He knew the rooms' measurements and ultimately he decided to fill every corner, changing this place into a pleasant oasis he would willingly return to. Wooden shelves and bookshelves, a couch, armchairs, a television, bed, wardrobe, paintings, photos, anti-frames. He wasn't sure when but he began to order furniture and decorations as if there was no tomorrow and he caught himself doing that a moment later. Well, too late, his budget wasn't unlimited but he would surely find the money for all that. Especially since he didn't need to spend money on water (beside for aquarium), food (beside thirium), cleaning supplies (beside the ones for tiding up the house of course) and there was simply no kitchen, at least not with a cooker, a microwave, kettle and an oven. There were shelves – it was enough, they'll be of use.

If he wanted to cook something, he'd go to Hank. Simple.

He felt somewhat like an evil genius, making his evil plan come true.

He closed his eyes happily and came to Mind Palace. Daniel stood beside the lake, looking forward but he quickly noticed Connor's presence because he turned around and smiled cheerfully.

'Hey! You haven't been here in a long time,' he stated, turning his gaze forward again. 'You were so lost in your own thoughts lately. It seemed like you forgot about me.'

Connor walked up to him to stand by his side.

'You don't need to worry about it. You'd remind me of yourself if you wanted,' he said with certainty.

'Right,' Daniel said. 'Though you know well I'm not real so I can't miss you nor feel loneliness.' He looked at him. 'I know everything too, what's on your mind, so I get the info first hand.'

The brunette's face stretched into an amused smile. Daniel returned the gesture. It was incredible how an AI could look so real and clear.

'I should invite my friends. When everything will be at it's place, I'll show them around.'

'Don't forget about the fish.'

Connor scoffed, and then he heard knocking that startled him a little.

'I think I need to go,' he said.

Daniel only nodded with a smile.

When Connor opened his eyes, he looked around, remembering he still was in his new home.

He went to the door, held the doorknob and opened the entrance widely to see Niles' silhouette.

'Hey, Con,' he said. 'Can I come in?'

'Um, sure, come in. There's nothing right now so we have nothing to do here. I ordered... some things that should he delivered in two days to a week,' he explained.

Niles looked around the room anyway, when he went deeper into the apartment.

'So you didn't waste time, I'm glad,' Niles said. 'What did your order?' He asked, watching the android.

'Some furniture,' he answered shortly. 'And a little decorative stuff.'

Nines approached Connor, smiling.

'Maybe we could go out somewhere?'

Connor had no knowledge of what it was but Niles seemed more fragile than usually today. In a good way, he didn't mind.

He returned the smile and nodded.

• • •

THERE ARE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY INVESTED IN THIS STORY and I apologize for the lack of regular updates, things just are rough for me because no motivation comes to me when needed, so I'm sorry

BUT there are only two chapters left, well, one chapter and an epilogue, so wait patiently please!!!