Chapter 1. The Start

"Wake up, sleepy heads

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Wake up, sleepy heads."

Andrew shouted as he placed the last set of dishes on the table. Upon hearing no reply, he started shouting again.

"If you two don't wake up now, you are not getting anything for breakfast nor lunch."

He sighed and started walking towards the bedroom door. When he opened the door, he saw Alexander talking with someone on the phone.

"Yes, we will be there in 20 minutes."

Alexander said and hung up the call. Andrew was surprised to see him awake would be an understatement. Out of the three friends, he was the one who usually wake up late.

"Sebastian, Sebastian, SEBASTIAN!"

Alexander called the still sleeping person.

"What?"

Sebastian asked to which he replied, "Wake up, we have a case."

"No wonder you are up early," Andrew mockingly said.

The car stopped in front of the river that goes by the name Beaver where the body was being found

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The car stopped in front of the river that goes by the name Beaver where the body was being found. Alexander got out of the car, followed by the two other boys.

"Tell us something about this masterpiece, David."

Alexander said to his assistant when he saw Andrew bending down, clearly excited to work on the body that lay motionless in front of him. Bringing his little tool box out of his pocket, he began to examine. While Sebastian went to take a look around the place, David opened his mouth.

"Um, it was Xia Yao who found this body, he said that he came here in the morning to- something along the lines of a bath or catch fish when he saw the body floating on the water."

"Bath in this freezing water on a cold December morning? I don't know that for sure but what I know is that guy surely would never try to come near a river again. Think he would be traumatized, huh?"

Alexander replied, a hint of teasing clearly visible in his voice.

"Why don't you ask him that yourself if you are that interested. Maybe help him as well to get over it while you are at it."