Open House

GABRIELE POV

I wake up in my cabin as always and I make my way to school. The fight with Kokabiel really stressed me out so I want some time for myself. Better go to the SC for a bit before classes start.

"Hey guys" I enter the room closing the door behind me.

"Hi! Nice to see you up and running!" Tomoe says, hugging me.

"You know, I am a tough motherfucker..."

My mind wanders to what happened yesterday.

FLASHBACK – THE DAY BEFORE

"Class, I know it's close to open house, but we have a transfer student joining us. Come in, please."

The door opens and a giant of a man, with tanned skin, enters the room. He introduces himself.

"My name is Jaime Mendez. I'm 20 years old and I'm American. I know that I am a bit old for this class, but I just got discharged from the Army, and I heard a friend of mine attended this school, so I decided to give it a shot."

"CORPORAL MENDEZ!"

"READY FOR ACTION, MAJOR SERGEANT!"

"REST, SOLDIER!"

Jaime then walks towards me and we hug.

"You bastard! Have you found Sona like you said you would?"

This sentence causes an uproar.

"Do you know Sona-kaichou?"

"I was this cunt's best pal in the army, of course I do!"

Then Jaime sits down beside me. Later down the line, we start talking to each other.

"I see you received my message, Jaime."

"I couldn't ignore an order for my superior."

"Cut that out...we're not at work. Neither of them."

Yes, that's because Jaime was the first one I told about my Sacred Gear, and we discovered that he possessed the Copycat Dragon, Replica. Since then, he helped me with most of the jobs, me only taking care of the riskiest ones. This has resulted in his power increasing dramatically.

"I detected a strange energy signature...it was a devil's, but it wasn't the Sitris. I can say the same for the scrawny boy seated by the window."

"Yeah, the Gremorys, just a nuisance. We could take on their entire peerage seven days from Sunday."

"No doubt about it, but we should stay alert for the Maou."

"3...2...1..."

Someone knocks, and when the door opens, it's none other than Akeno Himejima.

"Sorry, sensei. Could I take Mendez with me?"

"Yes, no prob-"

"Miss, with all due respect, I don't even know you. I saw brothers stabbing each other in the stomach for a loaf of bread, so go tell your president that if they want to speak with me, they'll have to go themselves."

"I understand, but-"

"Himejima, Mendez has already said what he wanted. I suggest you wait until after school."

"Yes sensei, sorry."

RIAS POV

"Akeno, how did it go?"