𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗲

Start from the beginning

I begin to doze off onto JJs chest, only for Pope to interrupt.

"You guys really think it's out there? Like no bullshit?" Pope asks the group.

"My father thought it was." John B replies.

"But do you?" Pope further questions.

"After hearing his voice on that tape, I think I do." John B reveals.

"Only one way to find out." Pope says.

"Look, we're gonna find it. Even JJ believes." John B smiles.

"Oh my God, JJ. Do you really believe?" Pope asks in a shocked tone, causing me to laugh.

"Totally. Wait. Are we talking about 4 mil?" JJ beams.

"400 mil." I correct him, speaking into his shirt.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks." JJ says as he lightly turns over, being careful not to move me to much.

"Good night Bird!" JJ calls out to John B.

"Good night Bird Shit!" Pope adds.

We all share a soft laugh, and eventually fall asleep.

•••

*Dream*

I walk to my front yard, only to see a big blue and white SUV. I ignore the strange thing and walk inside anyways.

"Hey, Jasper!" I kneel down and scratch the beagle behind his ears.

"Macy, I'm home!" I shout as I toss my keys onto the counter and my backpack onto the couch.

"In here, Zia!" I hear her yell from the kitchen.

"Are you cooking? Thank God! I'm starving! I didn't get a chance to stop by Heywards and pick something up. What are we hav-" I stop mid—sentence as I walk into the kitchen door way, taken aback by the two cops sitting at my dining room table. They're accompanied by a lady dressed in a fancy black suit, and Macy holding a napkin to her nose.

My heart immediately stops.

"Macy? Who's this?" I refuse to step any further into the room.

"Zia- Zia, this is, um- this is officer Williams and officer Cheepker. And- and this is Ms Layla. She works for DCS." Macy says with a shaky voice and tears streaming down her face.

I almost can't form a word, much less a sentence.

"Why are they here?" I ask with an attitude, keeping my eyes locked with officer Cheepker.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Officer Williams questions me.

"Why does that matter?" I say flatly.

"Just that you're a long way from home, it's all." He shrugs.

"I'm gonna ask one more time, why the fuck are you here?" My voice began getting shaky.