XV

"Who else would the song be about?" Alex responds to Luke, frustrated. "I don't know! Bobby? He left early didn't he?" Luke says. "Oh my god, you can't be serious." More loud sobbing is heard from the studio. "No... We gotta go in there." Luke says, placing his hand on the door handle. "We're gonna go inside... I think it's best if you just stay out here Luke." Alex says to him. "But, I-" "Luke. Don't hurt her more." Alex opens the door as he and Reggie go inside. Luke aggressively throws his beanie on the floor. He hated the fact that he made her cry. Genevieve turns around, quickly wiping the tears from her face. "Alex? Reg?" She says quietly. They walk up to her.

"Hey..." Reggie says. Genevieve jumps up, tackling Reggie in a hug. "What's wrong?" He asks her. "I was going to tell him. I wanted to tell him but it's too late. He and Julie- I thought he liked me. It's all my fault! I'm so stupid!" She cries into his shoulder. She regretted going out with Bobby. If it weren't for him, maybe she and Luke would've had a chance. "Hey. You're great. You're not stupid. Everything will be okay." Reggie says, kissing her forehead. "Do you need anything?" Alex asks, hugging Genevieve. "I just want to go home." She says, tears still streaming down her face. They both nod and walk out of the studio, confronted by Luke. Genevieve looks at him, pained. "Gen..." Luke says, walking up to them. Alex leads her away, back into Julie's house. "Give her a night. She'll be okay." Reggie says.

The three of them walk into Julie's house. "We're gonna get going." Alex says to Julie and Flynn. "Okay. Drive s- Gen! Oh my god! Are you okay?" Julie says, walking up to her. She had a sinking feeling in her stomach that she knew what Genevieve was crying about. "I'm fine Jules. Just tired." Genevieve replies. Julie tries to talk to her more, but Alex takes her outside. "We'll see you tomorrow. I'd let her rest." Reggie smiles, following Alex outside. Julie goes back to Flynn, sitting next to her.

"I feel terrible." Juie says. Flynn gives her a reassuring smile. "It's not your fault. It's his." She says, motioning to Luke walking in. "Luke..." Julie says. "Look, Julie. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to break boundaries." "It's okay Luke. It's not me I'm worried about." "It's Gen, isn't it." "Yeah..." "Don't worry. Your friendship is strong. You guys will be fine." Luke says, holding her hand comfortingly. Julie smiles and looks behind him, seeing Flynn shaking her head disapprovingly. Julie takes her hand away. "This is an interesting little relationship you and I have." Luke smirks. Flynn grabs him by the shoulders, pushing him out of the house. "Go home Luke. See you tomorrow!"

-

Genevieve walks into school, still going over the events of last night in her head. She goes to her lockers to put her stuff away. She shuts the locker and locks it up, surprised to see Luke behind the little door. "Hey." He says. "Normal people don't do that and you definitely shouldn't." Genevieve responds flatly, avoiding eye contact. She tries to walk past Luke but he blocks her way. "What are you doing here?" She says annoyed, finally looking up at him. Luke notices how puffy and red her eyes were. She cried herself to sleep last night. "I'm sorry about last night. Everything is just really messed up right now. I feel so... I'm conflicted and I don't know what to do. But I think I know what I want now. I didn't know... I- Fuck." Luke stumbles on his words. "I need to tell you something. If I don't, I know I'll regret it and there's so many things I regret. I can't have you be one of them too."

Genevieve's eyes widen. She looks at Luke and sees Bobby walking towards them. "Luke-" She tries to say. He cuts her off. "No. Just listen. I-" "Hey, Gen." Luke hears from behind him. He watches Bobby give Genevieve a kiss on the cheek. "Hey." She says, smiling back at him. "What's up Luke?" Bobby says with a condescending tone. Luke looks at Genevieve and then back at Bobby. "I gotta go." He says to both of them, walking away. He exits out of the school going to the place he depends on for comfort. His house.