Chapter V: The Dancer on the Bridge (Part II)

Wafts of smoke coming from William's cigarette rise in the air as the source of it was placed between the fingers of his right hand. Comfortably sitting on a single sofa with his leg crossed on top of the other, he calls out to his brother without looking at him. "Louis... Send those two a telegram for me."

Wiping some of the dust that was built up in a silver champagne flute, Louis turns to his brother who suddenly called out to him before understanding his request. He glances at his brother for a moment before facing him, halting his task momentarily while remaining his hold with the items that he's using for cleaning. Louis blinks as he was quite surprised at his brother's request that even Y/N, who was enjoying the dark scenery outside that was only illuminated by the moonlight earlier, also looked at William in quite expectancy. 

Louis speaks up after a moment as he had finally recovered. "Then you mean..."

"It's time for us to make our move." William nodded before he confirmed as his gaze is focused on the smoke and the fire burning the wood in the fireplace, crackling and sizzling drowned the silence that ensued afterwards.

The day that William's request had been set finally arrives. Golden beams of the sun spread throughout the cloudy sky as Y/N diverts her attention on it while they wait for the remaining person to arrive. Series of footsteps reached her senses as she watches where it came from along with her two companions to see the person they had been waiting for. 

"I appreciate you coming all the way down here to greet me." A tall man spoke with a small smile as he approaches them, clad mostly with black clothing. His narrow dark eyes with the other partly covered with the same colored hair of his meet each of their gaze.

"It has been a long time, Colonel Moran." William, who's standing in front of the other two, greeted back as the three of them return the smile being given from the new individual.

Being quite excited about what the reason could be behind why he was being requested, Moran inquires after stopping in front of William. "We're finally getting started, right? That's why you called me here, eh?"

William releases a small exhale in amusement, his eyes closed soon revealed the scarlet hues hiding behind it as he informs. "Now, now, take it easy. Everything in its proper order. Incidentally... I trust your skills have not grown rusty." 

He gazes at the brown, rectangular suitcase Moran was carrying with his left hand, teasing him a bit as Moran gives a small smirk before replying. "What a silly statement." 

Noticing another person coming towards their direction, all of them turn towards it to see a young boy in which was also requested by William to come over along with Moran. 

Moran greets the young fellow, who stood a few distance away from where they are. "Yo, Fred! I see you're as amiable as ever."

William looks at Moran, who meets his gaze. "I asked Fred to come in ahead of you." 

William looks back at Fred before he proceeds to ask a question related to the task he had requested for him to do. "Did you locate what I asked you to find?"

Turning his body a little bit to look behind him, Fred answers as the others followed where he was looking at. "He wasn't in the hospital, but rather in a brothel, two doors down. I believe that thanks to the opium, he is still not in his right mind." 

He directed such information to the silhouette of what seems to be a young lad seated inside a black carriage that managed to greet their vision, quite absent in terms of movement.

"It appears that everything is ready." William declared as the four of them looked towards him afterwards with their faces held seriousness of what they're about to do, a step to achieve the bigger goal that they are preparing for.