Pietro?

Halloween was upon them. Wanda could already hear the excited scream of children as the anticipation of the candy hunt neared. She smiled, it was nice to hear them, she knew Vision was wrong, there were children in Westview.
It was unusually late, 10 am, the twins didn't let her sleep that much usually. Of course, they didn't, they were babies yesterday.
"Mom!" Exclaimed Billy as he ran in. "Do you have my costume? You said I could be a magician this year!"

She opened her eyes and met the excited gaze of her 10-year-old. She smiled as she slowly got up, Vision already out of bed and probably downstairs. She looked through her closet and found what she had stashed away for safe keeping. A red cloak and a blue headband. She presented it to her son, who excitingly put it on over his dark clothes.

"Are you sure mom?" Asked Billy, looking at himself in the mirror. "I don't know, even for a magician, it seems a little... strange?"

'Strange... why did that word seem so familiar?'

"Of course! I've seen magician with great powers wearing a similar outfit. It fits you like a champ!" Wanda encouraged her son. It seemed to do the job, and he went on his merry way.
She didn't have any idea what to wear, but a part of her seemed to want to honor her brother's arrival with a taste of home, so she ended up wearing a Sokovian fortune teller costume. Vision peeked his head through the door wanting to say something before smiling at his wife.
"Well, I wasn't aware you were taking part in dressing up."

"Oh well, Tommy didn't want to dress up, but Billy did, I decided to amuse myself," Wanda adjusted the elastic keeping her headpiece in place. "You can join too, you know? If it's not against your programming."

Vision chuckled at her teasing and headed for the bathroom, though Wanda couldn't figure out why he'd need to use it.
She glanced at the clock and frowned, how was it already nearing 4pm? Her wondering was cut short as she heard her brother screaming about blood and water, followed by her twins' scream of terror. Oh, she just knew it was going to be a long but memorable day.

...

As she sat down with Pietro on the haystack in the town square, she couldn't help but think about her day. Her brother had brought up memories she hadn't remembered and dodged most of her questions. Why would he? And Vision had gone on his own, but Herb informed her that he wasn't on duty. Why would he lie?
At least her brother was there.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Pietro, who started questioning her about Westview. She tensed up at the question and looked at him. Why was he asking question? How did he even know about her involvement? Had Vision talked to him?
"Hey, I'm not some stranger, and I'm not your husband," so they hadn't talked, good, "you can talk to me."

She took a breath; she knew she needed to talk. Her conversation the previous night with Vision had made her realize that. Wanda told him what she knew, he complimented her on her growing powers and asked for further information. Pietro was obviously curious, but it was wrong, her brother would never push that much, he had to feel that it was getting too much, right? She turned back to him and was greeted by a vision of his corpse. But that didn't make sense, he was there, she felt his breathing. Her brain was screaming that something was wrong, he didn't belong here, she had to do something, she had to-
"Are you okay?" Pietro asked, concerned about his sister's frightened reaction.

"I'm fine!" She assured him. He unconvincingly nodded but kept observing her. Although, before he could say anything, Billy came to her, screaming about Vision dying.

"Don't sweat it sis, its not like your dead husband can die twice," mocked Pietro.

Wrong

Rage filled her entire being as the words left his mouth. She blasted him into pile of gravestones and hay, knocking him out with her magic. She'd deal with him later. She snapped her children out of their shocked trance and pushed for more information.

Vision couldn't die, she needed him, the twins needed him.

So, she did the only thing she could do; expanded the barrier. She knew it would drain her, but she had to save her love, no matter the cost. When that was over, everyone continued their celebration without noticing anything different, they were oblivious to the magic that just happened or the man laying in the hay. With a look, she made it clear to the twins that it was time to go home. Billy grabbed Tommy's arm and they sped off. Blue energy still lingered in the air where they had been. Wanda took a deep breath and froze as she heard Pietro grunting, he was waking up. Time for questions.
"Look, sis, I'm sorry I was a little harsh," apologized her brother, slowly getting up. "I just wanted to defuse the tension."

"Who are you?"

"What do you mean? I'm your brother," replied the man, more confused than ever.
A part of her truly wanted to believe it, his presence felt right... but she had to find out the truth. She'll see what to do with him after. With her magic, she enveloped him in a cloud of red and pinned him against a tree. He protested and struggled for a bit, saying something about her always trying to be the boss of him. He stopped moving a few minutes later, accepting his situation for now. Wanda took a step forward, examining his traits once again. Something about him wasn't right. Not just his appearance, but even with his presence in the town. He held her gaze, not daring to say anything. She examined his costume. He had picked his runner outfit somewhere in this town, probably a shop, along with Tommy's. Her eyes were drawn to his necklace. She couldn't remember if her brother ever wore necklaces in the past, but this one felt wrong. It was giving off strong energy, and not her own.

Why would Pietro need to wear a magical necklace?

Her mind wandered to the previous vison she had of him dead. With a shaking hand, she reached towards it, pleading that once removed, she wouldn't be looking at a corpse. She tightened her grip on him, as he started struggling in superspeed, desperately trying to get away.
The necklace, for something so powerful, snapped away easily.
And just like that, the first crack in her perfect world was discovered.
"Woah, thanks for that," started Pietro out of breath from all his struggling, "now I get why my dad always wears his stupid helmet."

———————————————————————
This is the last chapter to follow the canon timeline, I'll follow the basic plot points, but some decision will be changed. I hope you're enjoying this story.
As always, reviews are appreciated!